jkbuzbee

Carving Problems!

seems I'm having trouble keeping my blade sharp I make two cuts and It starts pulling and cutting bad I stropp it and its good for two or three more cuts then I'm back to stropping it.. am I doing something wrong?

thanks

J&K

i think that somewhat depends on the type of blade you use...ruby,ceramic, steel.... and is your leather cased properly when you are cutting???

The better the quality of the steel the longer a blade will stay sharp. If your blade is initially sharpened properly, the likely problem is that the cutting edge is folding over and you are resetting the burr upright when you are stropping. A better quality blade will fix the problem.

1/8 steel flat not angled Tandy swivel knife! Caseing I fill a small bowl of water with a drop of dawn soap dip it in for just a min take it out let it dry just a bit bag it for 8-10 hrs. Then take it out let it dry out for about 10-15 min till it starts turning lighter then trace then cut it then bevel

What would be a good blade for me to get?

Thanks for y'all's help! J&k

A decent blade at a good price is a Barry King blade. Tell him you are using a Tandy knife to make sure it fits it.