Modified Association

Tippmann Boss Hand Stitcher

Hello Everyone,

I have done a little research on hand stitchers and for things like saddle repairs (billets, rear cinchs, and general hobby work) it seems the general opinion is that the Boss is a decent machine to handle this.

I have asked a few of the folks out there with old ads for one they would like to sell and it doesnt seem there are many available. If you have one, please respond and we'll work out a deal.

Modified

I have a Tippmann Boss and I've thought about selling it a few times in order to upgrade to a motorized machine... but I'd be hard pressed to let it go for less than $1300. It's practically brand new and has extra bobbins, needles, and thread.

watch Ebay, they show up about 2-3 a month.

Deadlance, I dont think I can afford that but if you are open to offers send me an email.

I sent you a PM as well.

Aaron

For not much more, you can probably get a good used machine from Cobra Steve, Cowboy Bob or one of the other dealers at the top of the page. An old machine in good working order will be better than the Boss. If you can live with the narrow throat, Champion narrow throats and American straight needles pull a great stitch for not much money. I usually get my machines from Cobra Steve. I cannot say enough good things about his service. HTH Ken

Thanks a ton everyone. I can totally see what you mean, is there another machine out there that is comparable in size to the Boss. I have a very small working space and really the biggest thing i would be doing with it would be yokes on chaps and not very many of them. I had thought that it would be nice to have the unit bolted right to my work bench and it wouldnt be in the way while not in use.

i appreciate the insight from everyone, thanks.

Mod. Assos.

Forget another machine and get the Boss. For all the complaints people post there are lots more people that love them. In your case its a great deal.

The only complaints I have about my boss are -

Sometimes, you just need 2 hands on what you're sewing.

I really wish the throat were much deeper.

Otherwise, it's amazing. Especially for the money.

I have presently (leather shop still under construction) two "C" clamps.

One clamps the Boss to my work table, . . . the other clamps my little home made table extension that goes around the little table area of the Boss, . . . allowing me to sew flat things much easier.

My new table in the shop will allow every thing coming off the Boss to go straight away from the needle on a flat surface, . . . making especially chaps and long gun bags and suspenders even easier to do.

Now belts, . . . that's a can of worms with a Boss, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight