Hi

I have a lovely English Bridle blacklogwood dyed Leather Wallet. The leather was very stiff. I have not had the patience to let it soften up through normal day to day using it so to attempted the natural wear and tear myself with tallow boot grease and handling the leather myself. I over did it and its has gone too soft and has lost the shine. I think I have used too much Tallow . Even Beewax will not polish up. It just goes to a waxy flat finish. I am thinking I have put too much grease and wax into the leather. I am waiting for some RTC Sheridian Finish to arrive but have feeling its just going to be another wax polish. Anyhow, I would very much like to “undo” as much as I can. This has been an interesting learning experience. I realise less is more now.

Thanks to this Forum I have read so many threads I hope its okay to ask a question here.

Is there anything to take it back a few stages so its more like the new stiff shiny leather it was? I have only “worked” a portion of one side. Any advice would be much appreciated. I also tried a bit of logwood dying myself!

bestSTP82229_zps072862d0.jpg

Gus