Tex Shooter

Watch Pocket Sheath

I recently added this little folding sheath to my line. I have heard it called a watch pocket sheath, but It would not work in some jeans as the pocket is too shallow. It is carried to help prevent worn pocket holes. This one is 3 1/2 by 1 1/2 inches flat and it has a 3 inch lock back knife in it for the picture. As with all of my sheaths it is made to appeal to the working ranch hand or Cowboy, therefore it is plain with a a minimum amount of finish work.. Also all of my Folding knife sheaths are saddle stitched. I use only Boot leather and this one is made with a low salt chrome tanned leather of about 1.8 MM in thickness. I buy USA Boot leather by the bundle in chrome tanned, oil tanned and vegetable tanned leather. The vegetable tanned boot leather leather is not made for tooling, but is stiff. Recently I have also started doing saddle stitch repair on small items. I have found that there is a real market for this. -- Tex

post-42291-0-39373900-1390574667_thumb.j

Nice & simple - I like it.

At the risk of appearing stupid.................is Boot leather as it sounds? Intended for boot making? Or maybe a legacy of previous use?

Bev

Leather supplied to boot companies with special characteristics for there trade. This leather is sold by the bundle (about 3 or four skins) or greater only. The leather that I buy is for the uppers. -- Tex