Howdy from Farmville, VA! Yes, Farmville is a REAL place:) My husband is a cowboy from TX who enjoys leatherwork, he creates mostly custom tack for our roping horses and can repair just about anything to do with leather. His Singer home machine just broke and we just purchased an old industrial SEIKO machine walking foot and cylinder arm which I believe is a CW-1. It works well but has no paperwork with it. I have been searching for days to find a manual and to try and determine what size needles I should order and what size/type of thread. My husband is old school and did a lot of his work by hand. I need help! Any and all would be appreciated:) I have attached some pics of the machine in case anyone is interested or knows exactly what we have. Thanks!

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

post-49145-0-90900000-1390932174_thumb.j

post-49145-0-27897900-1390932176_thumb.j

post-49145-0-19259000-1390932177_thumb.j

post-49145-0-12638300-1390932178_thumb.j

This is a copy of the Singer 153w102. It useses the 135x17 needle in a size 20 to 24. The largest thread is 92. You might be able to use 138 on the top but not in the bobbin. It should sew about 3/8" or less. This manual should help it is the Singer manual but the Seiko as about the same. Copy and paste; parts/singerco.com/IPinst/Manuals/

Edited by Geneva

Thank you so much Geneva:) OK I am going to sound dumb but my husband is the craftsman, not me, but he works FT and doesn't have much time for the research. So I need to order both 92 thread and 138 thread? And do the needles need to say specifically for leatherwork? Any particular brand of needle? Do you have a reputable site that you like to order from? Thanks so much!

This might help you out: http://www.seiko-sew...f/cw_series.pdf

I too spent a lot of time trying to get a manual on a Seiko machine (the CH-8B) and finally gave up in frustration. A Singer manual may be your best bet. This site also has several people that sell Seikos (Keystone, Campbell-Randall, and Toledo). They are great resources for information! Good luck.

Thank you guys:) will do!

Try the 138 top and bottom. I have a Singer 153w101 and thats what I run with a 22 needle. I sew mainly 2 layers of 5/6oz chrome tanned on it, it'll do 3 layers but I think its pushing its limits. What do you plan on sewing?

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy:) My husband is the craftsman, he makes custom tack and repairs saddles etc. He called Coates Saddlery in TX who he used to work for and they hooked us up. He got an old SEIKO workhorse machine but it had no paperwork or accessories with it, so were struggling a bit! Thanks for the response.