I made a couple holsters for a friend. Would like to improve my stitching but that will come in time I guess.

1779763_10202038723907786_2063761449_n.jpg

post-40151-0-49441900-1391014768_thumb.j

Holsters look nice and the stitching is not bad either.

Holsters look nice and the stitching is not bad either.

Thank you! :)

They look good to me. Stitching looks good. Not that I am an expert but I know what I like anyway. Did you use a slot punch for the belt slots or round punch at the ends and cut between?

Man, You got stitching down pat, As you say practice will make it better and better, But you got nice stitching now !

They look good to me. Stitching looks good. Not that I am an expert but I know what I like anyway. Did you use a slot punch for the belt slots or round punch at the ends and cut between?

I used a 5/16 bit in my drill press and chisel. I just set my drill press up for sanding and burnishing and it really made things easier. I also started using Resolene 50/50 on the recommendation from members here and the finish is much better than what I was using before on my guitar straps. I use the stamps for the letters which I normally don't do anyone but I didn't know how the forming would distort the tooling. Thanks for all the kind words.

I have been cutting punching the ends of the slots and cutting them out. This is a hobby that gets a hold of you and makes you want to find ways to improve all the time. Your holsters look great keep it up.

I have been cutting punching the ends of the slots and cutting them out. This is a hobby that gets a hold of you and makes you want to find ways to improve all the time. Your holsters look great keep it up.

I was doing when I first started these but slipped and cut past the hole and ended up scraping the first one. Thanks!