Austyn

Belt Template

Hey friends!

I have been searching for a good belt template.. Any ideas?

A template for decoration?

A template for hole spacing?

A template for buckle end?

A template for tongue end?

A template for a Ranger Belt?

Kinda tough when no one knows what it is you want.

But at just about any local Tandy shop, . . . they carry books on belts, . . . patterns, . . . layouts, . . . etc.

Google up Tandy Leather Works, search for belt book, . . . the Al Stohlman one is $19.99, . . . and you can get it cheaper than that on the internet.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Hole spacing and buckle end

You don't say what width belt however Blackriverlaser.com has acrylic templates for centering and spacing holes for belts. They have a web site you should check out however their prices are cheaper on Ebay. You can for whole spacing use wing dividers, however I have a set of ther tempalates and they are a time saver. The templates are for belts from 1" to 2" width and they have a veriety of hole spacing. There is also templates for belt ends, English point etc. that have set hole spacing built in. If you are doing ranger style belts there are templates for that as well.

http://www.blackriverlaser.com/leather-craft-templates-gauges/

Edited by camano ridge

I second BRL. Quality templates and Joyce is great to work with.

Try this out for size. I formatted it for letter size so you can print at home. Now, the belt width can vary from the shown template, so adjust as you need to. This is just a good start. Jim

Dress Belt Layout.pdf

Dress Belt Layout.pdf

Edited by Brazos Jack

Jim, nice chart. Thanks for posting.

I vote Black River as well. Great templates reasonable prices. Worth every penny

I have to second the Black River Laser templates, they are great time savers and really good products, Joyce is great to work with and is on this site (Stitchwizard) so call her and get what you need. She carries all sorts of templates (including a 44" rifle sling that I designed) and she also will make templates to your specifications, she has made quite a few for me. While I'm doing a commercial for them, the thickness gauge and centering gauges they sell are great time savers and very useful. She also has a Ranger Belt pattern set that is nice if you do any ranger belts. I also use them for straps sewn to leather when I want a decorative look as opposed to just a squared off strap sewn on. Highly Recommended!!!

Chief

Chief31794 ....

Do you have a specific link to the 44" Rifle Sling template? I'm interested, but can't find the template listed on her site or on eBay,

Thanks

Chief31794 ....

Do you have a specific link to the 44" Rifle Sling template? I'm interested, but can't find the template listed on her site or on eBay,

Thanks

Sorry,

I didn't see this earlier, but Camano Ridge already sent you the link.

Chief

Chief, good design on the sling template. Was not aware you were the designer of that one.

Edited by camano ridge

Chief, good design on the sling template. Was not aware you were the designer of that one.

Thanks, yeah it ain't nothing fancy, but it makes a nice sling. The slings that are shown on the ad are some I made for wedding parties.

Chief