medsar

Reasons To Keep A Boss

I am a happy owner of a Boss. There is a distinct learning curve, they take a delicate hand to tension correctly, but they work well. I finally got a good setup of pressor feet and a cobbler bench, etc etc. Then I find an amazing deal on an Artisan Toro 3000 that I couldn't pass up. It works and it seems to work well. So, now the dilemma and the question for y'all. Do I keep the Boss? I don't any repair work, nor do I need my leatherwork to be portable. Is there anything the Boss does better than the 441 clone?

I'm sure someone will advise that you keep it.."never know when you'll need it" ..and so on....but I can't imagine you would now that you have the 441 clone.

I found electricity to be soooo much better than hand-cranking :-)....and meanwhile you can move the Boss on to someone who could really use it....just my opinion.

I am a happy owner of a Boss. There is a distinct learning curve, they take a delicate hand to tension correctly, but they work well. I finally got a good setup of pressor feet and a cobbler bench, etc etc. Then I find an amazing deal on an Artisan Toro 3000 that I couldn't pass up. It works and it seems to work well. So, now the dilemma and the question for y'all. Do I keep the Boss? I don't any repair work, nor do I need my leatherwork to be portable. Is there anything the Boss does better than the 441 clone?

I heard of several fellas that have started with the Boss, and then eventually moved on to an electric machine. Some have hung onto the Boss, "just in case"; but I rather imagine once they get totally committed to the electric machine, the Boss probably won't get used again. Guess I would agree with Rayban; and if you can't think of any good reason to keep it, may as well pass it on to someone that is looking for a good used one. They do seem to sell pretty well, both on Craigslist and eBay.

Trekster

tippmannboss.blogspot.com

I kept mine for 2 years, never used it again and finally sold it. My advice is to sell it and never look back..