post-47005-0-13969400-1391754916_thumb.j post-47005-0-41370200-1391755179_thumb.j post-47005-0-74863500-1391754572_thumb.j post-47005-0-82906000-1391755336_thumb.j

KIN COLLARS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KinCollars

I have recently (over the last two months or so) started making dog collars. I don't have a sewing machine for sewing the edges but I think they're okay without the stitch? What do you think? Would love any feedback and for you all to have a look at my new etsy page. Am totally addicting to leather making now...building up my inventory of tools etc is fun! (And expensive!!)

I also have a Facebook page if you'd like to see my updates at: https://www.facebook.com/KinCollars

View more and/or shop at: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KinCollars

post-47005-0-87490800-1391754537_thumb.j

Edited by Beachside Art

Looks like your doing a great job on the dog collars. Hope they sell for you.

Thank you Rohn, I hope so too. Not sure if there're any changes I should make or I've heard people talk about putting Resolene on their leather to help protect it more. Am hoping someone will know on here about that?

I make belts and holster but never tried to make dog collars. Now that I have looked at yours it makes me want to try a few. Maybe I will if I ever get caught up with my other stuff.

These collars are beautiful. :cowgirl:

If I had a dog, I'd buy one. Or money. If I had a dog and money, I'd buy one.

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

@MonicaJacobson - ha! Those are both two good things to have ;) The collars (I think) are very well made though and worth every penny!

Those look good. I have a question though. Seriously, I know nothing about dog collars, but doesn't their hair not get caught on the rivet backs? I would think I liner of some kind would be a big plus.

Yup, those are realy nice and would make any dog look good...thanks for showing.

These collars are beautiful. :cowgirl:

Those look good. I have a question though. Seriously, I know nothing about dog collars, but doesn't their hair not get caught on the rivet backs? I would think I liner of some kind would be a big plus.

Thank you all for your kind words and thanks for checking them out! I don't line them because it seems like the rivets and spots are all set fairly flush. Perhaps on a husky like dog a couple of hairs MIGHT get between them every so often? But not really? I figure if I can rub the back against the soft skin on my hand then they're sitting flush enough?

But love to hear thoughts and suggestions so keep em coming!