Tina

Well, skull holster done

I just remeber that I missed to show the skull holster I made when it's totally finished.

I got done 15 minutes before we came down to Columbus/Ohio. I was braiding all the way down there in a 2 tone mexican basket weave. I did get a red ribbon for it so I'm happy:-)

Jeez, I guess I should just pack it in, I don't think I will ever get that good at decorating leather.

Jeez, I guess I should just pack it in, I don't think I will ever get that good at decorating leather.

Naw never...Just get even:-)

Seriosly, the idea for me as an artist is to get my own style nevermind what that is ans I know for sure there's space for all of us with all kinds of styles. I guess I attack the leather more like a canvas but that's me.

I enclose the pattern for everyone to try if the urge is there:-) Just ask if you have any questions. There is some pencil line in the pattern, that is just my doodling making it, hope it makes sense anyway.

Absolutely fabulous!!!

Art

Excellent work !!!!!!!!!!!!Lacing looks unreal !! Dave .

Outstanding work. Two thumbs up.

Great Thanx guys:-)

Lacing...I think that doing the mexican basket weve with 2 needles instead of just one is how I'm doing it in the future, one color or two. It was way easier and less stress on the lacing...I loved it:-) I got the idea from hidestoart's homepage, septembers newletter.

Oh this is great! I was just dead tired from harvesting in the 'ol mill yesterday and finished off the day by laying in the bed with Bruce Grants braiding book thinking about the two needled mexican and how expensive lacing is:-0

This one looks fabulous and is just my style. You got everything packed up really neat and tied in with that two tone braid.

Now you got my mind set even more into a cowboy set I've been thinking about!

Great work as usually, sys!

Tom

FANTASTIC piece! So much depth and it all goes together. Excellent.

Thanks so much for the pattern, I will eventually print it out and practice a very cool design. This site is so cool, that artisans are so willing to share ideas and talent.

Very nicely done holster. Thanks for the pattern

Very nice work! I'm curious to know how you did the white coloring for the card backgrounds. It looks exceptionally smooth.

Kate

:jawdropper: your job very nice, thank you for the pattern. a greeting :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks all Guys and gals:-)

Kate.

I use a mixed white leather acryllic paint (mixed in a hint of ochre). I think the trick is to make several thinn layers ontop of each other rather than 1 or 2 thicker layers and a better type brush will also help you along. Just make sure the layers of paint is allowed to dry in between. Hope this helps you:-)

Wow, thats really nice work!

Thanx guys:-)

If you ever make the pattern on something, don't forgett to post is up here on LW, we all Love pictures:-)

Hi Tina! So nice to have gotten the chance to meet you and the hubby!

I was going to ask you at the show - but forgot - what kind of lace did you use and do you color your own?

Thanks!

Crystal

Hi Tina! So nice to have gotten the chance to meet you and the hubby!

I was going to ask you at the show - but forgot - what kind of lace did you use and do you color your own?

Thanks!

Crystal

I agree, it was really nice meeting you too:-)

The lace (which I love) I bought from Ebay, a very old stock from some New York companny that doesnt excist anymore, or I can not find it on the net...If you want the name 'knock' cuz I'm to lacy to run upstairs right now. When it came it was quite fragile but after using some nice products on there they came out great...Thinner but yet stronger than the calf lace you'll find today. So, when this stock is gone...it's gone :head_hurts_kr:

Yeah I did dye the lace. The background color I used on the holster (Angelus "Blue Jean" spirit dye) I just tossed some lace into the bottle for a while and when dry had some neetfoot oil to get it into the right "mood" again :rolleyes: It kind'a works.

Hope this helps some:-)

I agree, it was really nice meeting you too:-)

The lace (which I love) I bought from Ebay, a very old stock from some New York companny that doesnt excist anymore, or I can not find it on the net...If you want the name 'knock' cuz I'm to lacy to run upstairs right now. When it came it was quite fragile but after using some nice products on there they came out great...Thinner but yet stronger than the calf lace you'll find today. So, when this stock is gone...it's gone :head_hurts_kr:

Yeah I did dye the lace. The background color I used on the holster (Angelus "Blue Jean" spirit dye) I just tossed some lace into the bottle for a while and when dry had some neetfoot oil to get it into the right "mood" again :rolleyes: It kind'a works.

Hope this helps some:-)

Helps alot. I didn't think I had seen anything like it before. (No need to trot up the steps.) Good find, hoard it well. Thanks for the dying tips! Everything matched so well, I thought there needed to be a custom twist for the color. Thanks so much! :)

Crystal

that is so cool! thank you for posting the finished holster and the pattern. i love this site...learning something new everyday.

ken

that is so cool! thank you for posting the finished holster and the pattern. i love this site...learning something new everyday.

ken

Your welcome, It's always a pleassure to inspire someone else:-)

Beautiful!

Thanks for the great pattern!