zaynexpetty

Best Type Of Metal For Belt Buckle? Where To Buy?

I have bought a couple of brass belt buckles from tandy, but 5 dollars a piece seems a little pricey. Also, I am curious about what type(s) of metal is best for use with leather? I dont want anything that will leave any residue or anything on the leather, or anything that will bend/break.

Is there a good website that gives measurements and is of reasonable price?

Thanks!

Zayne

You should try OhioTraveBag.com. They have an electronic catalog stuffed with goodies. You do not need to have a business tax number all they require is a 50 dollar minimum order. Good luck and stop buying stuff from Tandy.

I just ordered from OTB and the min. Order was only $30...shipping was a little high on first order, but that might have been because they included their 400 page catalog

Brass or Stainless would be the best material with leather as they both will not rust, rust is the thing that leather does not like.

You should try OhioTraveBag.com. They have an electronic catalog stuffed with goodies. You do not need to have a business tax number all they require is a 50 dollar minimum order. Good luck and stop buying stuff from Tandy.

I just ordered from OTB and the min. Order was only $30...shipping was a little high on first order, but that might have been because they included their 400 page catalog

Brass or Stainless would be the best material with leather as they both will not rust, rust is the thing that leather does not like.

All my questions answered. Thanks guys, I will have to give ohio travel bag a look.

Thanks

Zayne

Landwerlen Leather Co. In Indianapolis has great buckles. Solid Brass Single Bar 1.5" at 3.75, and reasonable prices from there. All his buckles are top notch.

(317) 636-8300

Ask for Eric. Tell him that Stefan sent you, ask to ship via a small flat rate box and your S&H should be less than $7. He's not going to be overly friendly, but ask SPECIFICALLY what you want and he will get it to you.

Landwerlen Leather Co. In Indianapolis has great buckles. Solid Brass Single Bar 1.5" at 3.75, and reasonable prices from there. All his buckles are top notch.

(317) 636-8300

Ask for Eric. Tell him that Stefan sent you, ask to ship via a small flat rate box and your S&H should be less than $7. He's not going to be overly friendly, but ask SPECIFICALLY what you want and he will get it to you.

Ill have to check that out as well, thanks! In searching on the internet, I found a company with good variety and their prices arent bad either; www.buckelguy.com

I don't think you should have to talk to people that are not nice when buying supplies. If you'd rather deal with nice people, send me a PM and I will let you know who I buy my buckles from and I don't have to feel like I'm walking on eggshells to buy from him either.

Oh, and my source will ship via First Class mail instead of forcing you to use Priority Mail too.

I buy hardware from two different places. When I want solid brass, I buy from buckleguy.com. When I need something else, I usually go to Ryan's Products. Both have done a great job at shipping a lot of hardware quickly and accurately. If you go through Ryan's, opt for USPS priority. It isn't added at checkout, but instead later before actually shipping the stuff. It's way cheaper than UPS.

I don't think you should have to talk to people that are not nice when buying supplies. If you'd rather deal with nice people, send me a PM and I will let you know who I buy my buckles from and I don't have to feel like I'm walking on eggshells to buy from him either.

Oh, and my source will ship via First Class mail instead of forcing you to use Priority Mail too.

I completely agree. I will send you a PM in a moment. Thank you.

Zayne

For smaller quantities, OTB sells under the name Hardware Elf. Higher prices though.

Tom

I actually checked that site out. To shop on OTB do you have to have a business ID number or anything? I heard that you dont, but I'm not sure how to order otherwise.

Thanks

Zayne

I buy hardware from two different places. When I want solid brass, I buy from buckleguy.com. When I need something else, I usually go to Ryan's Products. Both have done a great job at shipping a lot of hardware quickly and accurately. If you go through Ryan's, opt for USPS priority. It isn't added at checkout, but instead later before actually shipping the stuff. It's way cheaper than UPS.

I like buckleguy.com. Pretty fair prices for solid brass. Ill have to check out Ryan's, I have never heard of them.

Thanks

Zayne

Quoted:

I actually checked that site out. To shop on OTB do you have to have a business ID number or anything? I heard that you dont, but I'm not sure how to order otherwise.

End quote.

I understand from other threads that OTB requires a fairly large order as your first order. Even if you show a business license.

I have no experience with OTB.

Tom

$30.00 min but good priceing. I just spent $120.00

Edited by papaw