bigorange

Craft Show Inventory

Miss Barbara and myself are getting ready to do our first local craft show ever,, What should we offer, I have a bunch of 3/4" bracletts, a few wider ones, a few bags , please help me with ideas,, All the best Bo

I'm in the same boat..I would like to attend a craft show, but have no idea what or how much to take with me...look forward to all the responses...:-)

I would think smaller items, the sort of thing that can be purchased more as an impulse buy. Key fobs, hair barettes, etc. If you make wallets or small purses, that might do well. At the craft fairs I have been at, the primary customers are women, so often you want items that will appeal to them either for their use or as a gift.

Bob

Read the thread WScott linked. Good stuff there. Another second on the lower-priced, small take-aways. Sometimes when the kids snap those up, they bring the parent(s) and/or friends back to the booth. That doesn't have to be all you have, but once we started including those things it seemed we had more repeat business within the same day or the next (if a multi-day show).

Have a plan for what to do if sugary, wet, sticky hands handle your goods. Similar considerations for anything delicate. This can factor into your table arrangement. We wound up buying PVC tubing to raise the legs of our table, which was a straight leg type rather than the "X". We have more than just leather and dealing in salvaged, re-purposed antiques really drove this. We did keep the table low enough for it to be still be viewable if an adult was in a wheel chair and will hold up or bring around products for anyone shorter.

For non-sale items - tape (scotch & duct), bottled water, and trail bars have saved us many times. Add plastic sheeting when doing outside shows. If inside and you want to hang a banner, get the 3M poster stuff that can be easily removed. The building owners/facilities manager will greatly appreciate it.

Most of all, have fun and make friends. Your fellow crafters there will give you more tips that are specific to your area and show types.

Types of products to bring to craft shows really depends on the type of show and type of crowds. Unfortunately if you haven't been to THAT show in the past you just have to guess as best as possible. Also keep in mind that the crowd dynamics can change each year as well. If you know of someone who has attended as a vendor in the past it will help to talk to that person some about their experience. I've been super cautious in picking shows to go to and I'm finding the better ones for me are a little more industry or hobby specific. Maybe that's because you can focus your inventory a little more? I still bring as much variety as I can as well as showcase all the custom work I've done through an album on my ipad.

Good Luck!