Hello all, Ive been a member here for a good while but short of my initial hello post ive been mostly a lurking info seeker. Mostly due to my occupation being someone who recovers leather steering wheels vs. a true leatherworker/crafter. Over the past several months ive developed interests in other areas which tend to bring leather items back into the picture. One of which is knife making, thus sheath building and the oddity being slingshots. Ive been making them for a while and just decided to make holsters for a couple of them.

My first holster was one of those projects that started out as something different all together. It was to be simple and straight forward.... Until it got wet!

20140219_134351_zps6zbm1ssg.jpg

20140219_134513_zpsw6vrjxts.jpg

I made another slinger this week and after adding some checkering I took a crack at another simpler holster. I wanted it to become a hard leather shell this time so after some water and some heat that is what I wound up with. In all honesty, the wrinkle finish in the leather was accidental and due to a heat gun, but Im kinda linking it more all the time.

DSC03045_zps6c5ef750.jpg

DSC03047_zps8b7e4df2.jpg

DSC03050_zpsb7e99c4f.jpg

DSC03052_zps54e896d3.jpg

Im still collecting/making tools and practicing stitching but I believe ive found a hobby which will last!

Chris

really nice work ! i love the sling shots and the holsters !, do you ever hunt with them ?

I also love those slingshots and holsters. What kind of wood do you use for the holsters? Where do you get the rubber bands to power them with? Those holsters are nice work too. This is an interesting subject.

That's my brother! Great job on that work, Chris, and I like the finish too. Outstanding.

Not biased.

Roger