zaynexpetty

Iphone Wallet, How Do I Stitch Like This?

I am wondering how you would sew the piece that contains the phone. how it is rounded over and then stitched. I can see how you would do the one side, but after that is done, how would you stitch the opposite side together? You cant see the bottom side, but I'm assuming it's done the same way.

Thanks

Zayne

post-49702-0-84765300-1393729520_thumb.p

Zayne, I'd be curious as well. It's probably easier than what we are seeing....or not lol. I would assume the bottom is folded like that as well. My first thought was that it was done inside out and then turned the right way, but there really isn't enough room there and the leather is pretty thick. I will be watching this thread as well to see what other people have to say.

I imagine... And this may loose a little in text!

This is not as fully stitched as it appears. The back panel is laid flat, the wings are then stitched in place, left and right.

These are what creates the pocket section for the phone.

Then, either... The front section with the zipper pocket is an extension of the back, one piece if you will. This then has the zipper attached, the pocket is folded back on itself and the edges stitched.

This or it is a separate piece that is stitched to the bottom edge just like the wings to give the folded edge look.

Then the wings are folded in, the front section is folded over, it is then short stitched inside the zipped pocket to hold it in place.

Not a strong way of making it, but then a pouch like this will never really be put under much strain so it doesn't need to be indestructible.

Just a quick guess.

Nige

AHHH!! Now I see it....I think lol. I was so trying to see it in another direction. Thanks Nigel! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Hmmm, now that I see that, it makes me think they used the method people use to sew some shoes. Not that that was much help because I don't know how to do that either.

I say they have a pixie hiding in their shop with tiny pixie hands and magic dust :)

Cover laid flat. A single piece of leather is cut into a kinda T that the purse is snapped on. Wings sewn on and bottom of T folded toward the top of purse. The purse is another single piece of leather. Can't figure why the missing mid section. Too floppy?

I would guess the wings and the other folding part is secured by the snaps that hold the purse in place.

I imagine... And this may loose a little in text!

This is not as fully stitched as it appears. The back panel is laid flat, the wings are then stitched in place, left and right.

These are what creates the pocket section for the phone.

Then, either... The front section with the zipper pocket is an extension of the back, one piece if you will. This then has the zipper attached, the pocket is folded back on itself and the edges stitched.

This or it is a separate piece that is stitched to the bottom edge just like the wings to give the folded edge look.

Then the wings are folded in, the front section is folded over, it is then short stitched inside the zipped pocket to hold it in place.

Not a strong way of making it, but then a pouch like this will never really be put under much strain so it doesn't need to be indestructible.

Just a quick guess.

Nige

Thanks for the response. Nigel! Your videos are amazing, you do amazing work. You may have explained this, and I might just not understand, but concerning the pouch for the phone, after you have one side (wing) stitched to the back peice, I just don't see how you would stitch the opposite (wing), and bottom side to the back peice as well, seeing how you would be working in such a small space, and there would be no room for a needle, unless you were using a curved needle or something.

Thanks!

Zayne

Edited by zaynexpetty

Thanks for the response. Nigel! Your videos are amazing, you do amazing work. You may have explained this, and I might just not understand, but concerning the pouch for the phone, after you have one side (wing) stitched to the back peice, I just don't see how you would stitch the opposite (wing), and bottom side to the back peice as well, seeing how you would be working in such a small space, and there would be no room for a needle, unless you were using a curved needle or something.

Thanks!

Zayne, thank you, glad they help.

As for the back piece, that would be missing stitching, It's possible the bottom of the flaps (wings) aren't stitched. as there is no tension and this leather is quite thick, it's possible they don't need to be.

The top is easy enough, stitch the flaps to the pouch through the inside of the pocket, but only a short row. it's all it will need.

This is all a guess as it's from a picture, but it would work.

Nige