Here are some of my holster pics. I have been hand stitching and am getting far too busy to keep up! About to pick up a Cobra 3. Trying to keep quality work going out.

post-50357-0-00391400-1394082324_thumb.j

post-50357-0-79815400-1394082331_thumb.j

post-50357-0-98345100-1394082337_thumb.j

Nice work, I really like that one for the Khar.

Thanks Redd. Yes, the one for the Kahr is mine! The others are a couple I have made for folks. The Kahr holster is horse hide with a stingray insert. Stingray is challenging, but looks awesome. Of course, very tough.

Here are a few more...

1424329_213129402217019_831371161_n.jpg

1972404_220262984836994_826801534_n.jpg

148227_209194702610489_1882101271_n.jpg

post-50357-0-18554100-1394199585_thumb.j

post-50357-0-27430600-1394199590_thumb.j

post-50357-0-99911900-1394199597_thumb.j

Looks good what kind of prep was involved for the sting ray?

To prep the stingray, the challenge is cutting it evenly. Those little dots are calcium, and you have to cut around them, as close as possible. It makes it a little easier if you wet it first.

For the look of that holster, you have to back the stingray on a harder leather. In this case I used the horse that I removed for the insert. And, after cutting out that shape, I then took the shape and made that piece smaller so that it would bring the layer of stingray up to the level of the rest of the holster.

Just takes a little time, and being careful.

A lot of times with leather, you just have to go buy something you want to use and go for it. I learn so much just from doing it. And of course, I learn a lot at leatherworker.net!

Here is another picture of that stingray holster...

post-50357-0-26934800-1394294346_thumb.j

The holsters look great. I also like the stingray holster. I have never done anything like that although I do make a lot of holsters.

I notice under your interests that you are full time in the ministry. I also have been a full time pastor for the last 27 years.

Rohn, thanks. It's funny, but I always tell folks that one of the main reasons I do leather work is because I can start and finish it... but ministry is people work and it is never done! I do love it.

I have been in ministry about 20 yrs. Can't imagine doing anything else for a living.

If I could just make a suggestion that was made to me here a while ago that made a big difference for me. Remove some more material around the grip area to make t easier to grab. Take it out all the way up to the trigger guard with enough room for your fingers.

Hey Redd, I always appreciate suggestions. Of course, these were made custom, so I worked each one according to the customers specs. So far, they have all loved their holsters. But, again, thanks for the insight. I learn new things everyday!

I love the stingray inlay!

I really like your work, JB, . . . and as a pastor, . . . I share your enthusiasm. I am more into the "watering and keep alive" rather than planting, . . . but we all work for the same cause, . . . so that's great.

Just one caution though, . . . the first post, . . . center holster, . . . looks like a Glock. I would never get the trigger guard so deeply boned. Glocks have no external safety, . . . just that little dipsy doodle thingy in the center of the trigger, . . . the owner shoving his piece in the holster in a hurry might get an unintended discharge, . . . which would not be a happy affair.

I'm extremely careful of boning the trigger guard for Glocks and similar plastic fantastics that have no real safety on the weapon.

Again, . . . not a criticism, . . . just a caution.

May God bless,

Dwight

nice n slick.

Thanks everyone. And, just like those before, we must copy what we love and learn from our mistakes. I always appreciate your thoughts.