Josh Ashman

Sig P938 Sob Holster & 1911 Om Pancake

This was my first try at this type of holster and my first try at a P938. I think these little guns might be more difficult than larger ones. The pancake for the 1911 OM is something I'm more familiar with and a holster I'm much happier with.

6/7 oz on the SOB, 8 on the pancake, both HO.

Thanks for looking, Josh

007.jpg

005.jpg

010.jpg

post-19070-0-52781600-1394479589_thumb.j

post-19070-0-91826200-1394479598_thumb.j

post-19070-0-97234200-1394479848_thumb.j

Looks great. I agree that the smaller guns can be tricky.

I recently made some avenger style holsters for the new mini Glock 42 .380. The layout was harder because of the smaller size.

I'm not a fan of the SOB style of carry, but you nailed a neat pattern for it! Nice work as usual Josh.

I've got a buddy that has been after me for months to make him a sob for his XDs, but so far I have resisted. I'm sure I'll eventually cave. Your holsters look great!

Nice work Josh.

I like that SOB design. I saved the pics for future inspiration.

Yeah, those 938 holsters are tough, but they are so darn cute! lol Every time I make one it makes me chuckle because the holster is so small. I did a single clip IWB that was absolutely tiny!

Nice work.

Thanks everybody! I've been picking both of these holsters apart in my own mind so it's good to hear something positive about them. I do think that if you're selling your work you ought to send out the best product possible but if you learn and get better on every holster you could never sell anything. The little SOB is definitely a learning holster for me, but it is tiny and cute!

Thanks again, best regards Josh

PS if you want to pick them apart, feel free there's plenty on them that can be done better. Hearing the constructive criticism is how we get better :cowboy:

Thanks everybody! I've been picking both of these holsters apart in my own mind so it's good to hear something positive about them. I do think that if you're selling your work you ought to send out the best product possible but if you learn and get better on every holster you could never sell anything. The little SOB is definitely a learning holster for me, but it is tiny and cute!

Thanks again, best regards Josh

PS if you want to pick them apart, feel free there's plenty on them that can be done better. Hearing the constructive criticism is how we get better :cowboy:

I think they look good. The only thing I will say is that as I've been thinking about a sob holster, I almost feel like I need to add a tension screw either by the trigger guard or at the bottom of the slide due to the extreme angle. Now that you have made one Josh, what do you think?

Jack, it's a little hard to say yet. It's super tight now but I've only got the blue gun so I'm not sure how a loaded pistol will feel in it, especially after a few months of summer heat and sweat. It's should be fine since it's a smaller pistol with a single stack mag but with it being a first run pattern I don't know for sure. I'll let you know if I get any feed back on it.

Thanks,

Josh

I just picked up that same 1911 today and I'll be working on a holster for it next weekend. I love the professional look that you have there

First class work, no doubt.

Thanks 451813. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll send you a scanned copy of these patterns. They're rough and you'll have to fill in plenty of blanks but they give you a starting point.

Josh