Sign in to follow this  
MrV

Singer 212 G 104

Can anyone please give info on the Singer 212 G 104. Like to know about the leather thickness this machine likes to sew and tread size the machine can handle and needle sizes. any info would help a lot because this is my first machine and I'm a newbie at sewing machines in general. I downloaded a users manual but not a whole lot of info in it.

Hi MrV. The Singer 212 G is a double needle machine that has the capabilities to sew with a 138 thread and up to a #23 needle. Parts are still available. Steve

Thanks Steve for your help. that is what I have done but I seems to have hard time pulling the bobbin thread into the middle of 6-7 oz. leather. I'm thinking I will put a smaller size in the bobbin and play with the tension on top to solve that problem. I replaced the tensioner unit on top because the old ones was broken in a few places but this new one seems maybe not give me the proper tension that I think I need, not sure. I was told by the store I purchased it that if I was to file a tiny bit off the little pin that are inside the tensioners hollow bar, that the tension disks slide onto that this would increase my tension. I'll play now that I know what my max. needle and thread are and once again thanks for your help.

Darryl