gordond

Campbell Randall Head Weight

Hi All,

what is the weight of a Campbell Randall stitcher ?[just the head - not the stand].

This a "standard" Campbell [not a high lift or Cyclone]

Steve [Australia] gave me quite a good estimate,but I think I need to be absolutely sure as the shipper just might come back at me if I under quote [mainly safe handling besides cost]

thanks

Why do you not ask Dan Naegle in Campbell Randall, his member name is just CampbellRandall http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=6741

Hi Trox,

very first thing I did ......

emailed last week and no reply ....

next step will be getting the timezones right and actually phoning them at cost [or just ask here in the meantime]

figure 220 lbs[~100kg] or less...but then could be way wrong.

thanks

I have one coming in for repair this morning. I will put it on the scale and let you know later today.

I got 2 Randalls The one with the wax pot 187# , one without wax pot 183#. In case anyone is interested he also brought the head only of a Landis wax thread lockstitch (#1) it also weighed !80#.

HI Pcox,

thanks for the help in getting the info ...

Hello Gordon, he probably very busy, it has happened to me too. However, he always answer in the end. No, need for it anyway, you have your answer already. Heavy, nice piece of machinery, we do not see much of these here in Scandinavia.

Good luck with it.

Tor

Hi Tor [not Trox!!],

there aren't many [or any?] needle awl machines here either [just short throat sole stitchers eg/. Landis 12,Pederson's,Gritzner's].

I actually haven't heard of another one here- just like the Singer Class 97 - I think there are 3 x 97's in NZ [naval base, museum and mine]

I have a Dania 150 & a Gritzner [on power stands].

thanks.

Hi Gordond (not Gordon),

I know a harness maker who uses two Union lockstitch machines and one Classic # 1. Other than that there are only shoe related short troat needle and awl machines around here in Norway too. The Singer 97 I have only seen pictures of. Here German Adler machines are as common used by professionals as Singer are by domestic users. Its not many Heavy old cylinder beds to be found, I have a few standing around. Like Adler class 5 and Adler class 105. As well as some class 30`ties , a Pfaff and a Singer postbed. I have a complete Cobblers/shoe maker shop for sale for a friend (with top German machines).

In my workshop I use a 441 clone, a Dürkopp Adler 267-373 with Efka motors, a Pfaff 345-H3 and a 29K- 72 for my sewing. I do have other machines as clicker; skiver and splitter machines. Even if I cant find room for anymore, if I stumble over an needle and awl; I bet I would try to bring it back home. :dunno::)

By the way, people tell me that NZ look very much like Norway (Norwegians that is). That might be because its as close to the south pole as we are to the North? I do not know, I bet you have a better climate than us ( warmer, milder that is). However, this winter have been the warmest of my fifty four yet. Normally we have snow and cold to mid April. Now we have green grass and been without snow for more than a month already. Its very strange, I do not miss the snow. Nevertheless, I like the winter to be cold, white and dry rather than wet and muddy.

Nice talking to you.

Thanks

Tor

hi Tor

sent you a message..