Studio-N

Custom And Makers Stamps: I'm Done With Ebay

Hello Folks,

I know many of you have purchased stamps from me in the past and I appreciate it very much.

I will no longer be using eBay. All my listings have been removed and the stamp store is closed.

I will continue to use etsy and of course I still have my own website that I can be contacted thru.

So if you need a maker or custom stamp I hope you'll find me here or on one of the other sites.

Cheers!

sounds like there is a story there...did you get burned by a buyer or something?

No. Suffice it to say, they were not very nice. But then, neither was I.

Yep ebay always has stuff causeing issues

And yet, they keep sending me sellers surveys. Not rating very well.

Can't say that I blame you. I stopped using Ebay and Paypal 10 years ago. I got burned badly by a guy in France. Needless to say .... I never saw my money again, and he got his stuff for free!

Studio-N still makes great stamps, :thumbsup:

I just recently requested him to make a custom stamp.

I thought it likely too detailed for a small stamp but he got it just right, even down to the font I wanted and all the details.

I really appreciate the ultra fast service, superb price and his attention to detail.

The fact its also made in the good old USA, (Texas too) is a personal bonus to me.

If you are on the fence, drop him a line and get it done.

Charlie

thank you Charlie.

I know you normally work with derlin. Do you do any brass or steel stamps?

10 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I asked him before, he said no. There is a fella in China that is ultra affordable though.

I have been curious about the custom stamps from china. I have ordered lots of things from China (When I couldnt get it in Canada or the US)and my experience has always been good. When I have had a problem it has always been fixed. Some aren't in favour of it but my experience is they value integrity and care about their business. 

I'm not a fan of ordering things from China either. Usually, the price is good, but the quality isn't. I have a hard time justifying the expense of a maker's stamp, but would still like one. So, since I am a member of another board that has members who do forging and smelting, I reached out to them. I have the brass scrap, just needed somebody to smelt and pour it into a mold. Unfortunately, all they wanted to do, was tell me what to buy and how to do it. I explained it wasn't a hobby I wanted to get into for a one shot, since the cost of the set up would exceed the cost of buying the stamp outright... but, they couldn't get that.

17 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I am delving into making the plates and embossing rolls in brass. I haven't had much success in the lettering for maker stamps.  still need more practice (who has time for that?!) but in all likely hood I wouldn't be able be able to match the price of the hong kong phooey stamps,  so I may not do them. 

Fair enough.