I threw these together last night for a friend and me. We're taking our wives camping and riding this weekend up in North GA.

These were just made out of some scrap and I used dowel rods to shape them around. Nothing fancy. I didn't have the time. Just enough to keep them from getting smashed in our pockets.

Art

CH1.jpg

CH2.jpg

CH3.jpg

post-195-1223580511_thumb.jpg

post-195-1223580518_thumb.jpg

post-195-1223580525_thumb.jpg

I threw these together last night for a friend and me. We're taking our wives camping and riding this weekend up in North GA.

These were just made out of some scrap and I used dowel rods to shape them around. Nothing fancy. I didn't have the time. Just enough to keep them from getting smashed in our pockets.

Art

Those look really nice for being "thrown" together!

Thanks. I just cut two pieces of scrap to the size I thought would work and sewed them together. Soaked them and shoved in the dowels. Then I did the same for the top part. I made my top (light color) a bit too big but it still fits snug.

Something like this might be a good Christmas gift for somebody. They could be tooled and sewn a bit neater.

Art

Really nice cigarr cases, I always wonderd how they where made...Now I might dare to try it out for husband:-)

Hey Art, I just saw your cases. Very nice. Your lids look like they fit better than mine. but mine stay put I guess. Do you make quite a few of them? Really good for just throwing them together! Thanks for your great comment, by the way. Leon

Leon,

These two were the first ones that I made. Mine (the lighter one) had the top too loose so I sewed another stitch line in and made it tighter. I dropped it on the trail riding this weekend and it never came off so I guess it's tight enough now. I plan on making some more.

Art

Art

Hi Art....I was prowling around and saw the cigar cases...they're really neat. I really like your holsters with the alligator too. In spite of all the fancy tooling we do, I still like the alligator....it just looks classy! Great projects!

Good throwing Art!!!

Wish I have had one those last weekend when I had a big one in my inside pocket and boozing around like a mad viking on the prowl;-)

Superslick!!

Tom

Thanks HP. I like to try different things and see if they come out ok. Trial and error! LOLArtThanks Tom. I'm working on another one now. A little different design. I'll post it when done.Art

Her is another one I finished tonight. I found that the other style was not very practical on horseback. This one has a magnetic closure. I cut a piece of SS and used a dremmel tool to etch a design into it and riveted it to the front. Then I put two very small but strong magnets under the tip and covered with a piece of thin leather. I made the metal strip a little longer so if he buys longer cigars it will still snap shut. I also made this one to hold 5 small cigars. They come 5 to a box so I thought what the heck.

Made this for a friend's birthday. The new burnisher that I made worked great on this!

Art

JCH1.jpg

JCH2.jpg

JCH3.jpg

JCH4.jpg

post-195-1225853294_thumb.jpg

post-195-1225853303_thumb.jpg

post-195-1225853315_thumb.jpg

post-195-1225853323_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArtS

The new cases look great Art!!!!!

Good job!!

Thanks. I like how it turned out. This is the first time I'm tried putting a design on metal like that. I need a lot more practice but it still looks better than plain.

Art

:You_Rock_Emoticon: Very nice Art! The magnet works out great. I will be using that idea, If you dont mind? Good Job! Leon