Custom Handcrafted Half Breed Wade Saddle

Built on Warren Wright Saddle Tree, Hermann Oak Skirting/ Harness Leather(as a liner for billets, back cinch and beast collar) , Solid Brass Hardware and 5'' Stirrups.

Features custom designed oak leaves and border pattern, rawhide horn and cantle lip, Sheridan Brown Antique Finish. The whole saddle is handsewn including double sewing on skirts and back jockeys.

I would like to ask all saddlemakers and leathercrafters to highliht anything I could design or make better in the future. I did my best.

post-20344-0-93206600-1395140137_thumb.j

post-20344-0-02014700-1395140157_thumb.j

post-20344-0-48191100-1395140177_thumb.j

post-20344-0-81737800-1395140203_thumb.j

post-20344-0-76024300-1395140265_thumb.j

Very Interesting, West Coast of Ireland! Welcome to the forum. Your saddle is very nice. Well done , and from what I can see of the pics, you have done a really nice job on all aspects. It is clean, neat, and appears to be well balanced. The things that I look at specifically in a saddle as an indicator as to how well it is done are, the tightness of the ear cuts, the finish on the edges, the fit of the cantle binding and especially the stitching. It is hard to do a good job of hand stitching the cantle with visible stitches and make it look as though it was machine stitched, but; attention to those details are what sets a run of the mill saddle apart from a really well made high end saddle. Like they say, the devil in in the details. Nice job!

Bob

Hello Bob

Thanks very much for your reply. Actually I am from Slovakia, but I live in Ireland for over 8 years now. I am riding horses for 20 years and working with leather about 10. It is always a learning process. This is saddle # 20. Western riding is getting very popular here in Ireland. In Slovakia it is very well developed sport and lifestyle in the past 20 years.

I don't make saddles, but I'd buy it. If I had a horse, that is.

very neatly done. I know nothing of saddles. the only thing I would add would be on your leaves to fade in and out of your pear shader instead of just a punch. but what do I know. just a rookie really.

I don't know about saddles either but it really looks beautiful to me. The hand stitching looks especially nice.

Thanks for comment and for advice. I am developing my carving style.Always try to add something new.