I like it! Simple design. Somewhat minimal and clean.

Really nice! Very simple and nice. You could burnish the edges (not that I'm one to talk), but otherwise, it looks great.

Really nice! Very simple and nice. You could burnish the edges (not that I'm one to talk), but otherwise, it looks great.

Even though Dublin is a veg tan leather, I have not had much success burnishing it. For now I've settled on sanding with 600 grit wet/dry and slicking with gum trag. My usual water + saddle soap + canvas routine doesn't yield good results. Maybe someone else had better success with this leather?

Really nice all around

It looks very good with a rustic edge like that, suits that leather combo IMHO

Interesting. I've never used that kind of leather. It certainly looks clean. In fact, I couldn't figure out how it wasn't dark from burnishing, but still looked good.

Really nice all around

It looks very good with a rustic edge like that, suits that leather combo IMHO

I agree, not to mention with a little use and handling it will look more awesome.

Kevin

Lovely work, Narvi.

My only remark would be that, in my opinion, you would do yourself and your projects a favor if you would move beyond drilling your stitch holes. On a piece this small and with such fine leather, large, round holes like that detract from otherwise pristine work. However you mark your stitches, methinks that using only an awl to make the holes will create a much more refined look.

Thanks for posting!

Michelle

I believe that's machine sewn? Looks good!

Dublin will stretch, so you're going to want to stitch across the top opening to prevent the wallet from loosing shape over time. In my experience it will burnish fairly well, I just use gum trag and a wood slicker followed by some bees wax- it should take a darker edge.

I believe that's machine sewn? Looks good!

Dublin will stretch, so you're going to want to stitch across the top opening to prevent the wallet from loosing shape over time. In my experience it will burnish fairly well, I just use gum trag and a wood slicker followed by some bees wax- it should take a darker edge.

Yes this is machine sewn on my new Consew 227R. Hand sewing this kind of bifold took me 5+ hours, involving 8 separate threads and 16 needles, a real pain. The machine cuts 1 1/2 - 2 hours from production and still looks pretty good, I think. As per Michelle's suggestion about hole size, I may try a smaller needle or use 207 thread on the top side. I'm still dialing these things in, but overall pleased with the new machine.