doucetjc

Help With Singer 211G266

I picked up a Singer 211 G 266 and would like to change the timing belt as it is cracked quite badly. In order to do this, I need to remove the pulley/balance wheel. The manual says to remove the 2 set screws on the pulley wheel and remove the pulley. I have removed the set screws, but the pulley seems to still be on solid.

There is what looks to be a triangle head screw on the side of the pulley ( see picture )... is this actually a screw that needs to be removed? I have not been able to find reference to this anywhere nor have I been able to find any special tools to fit this triangle screw. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

post-37777-0-15960800-1395279852_thumb.j

I picked up a Singer 211 G 266 and would like to change the timing belt as it is cracked quite badly. In order to do this, I need to remove the pulley/balance wheel. The manual says to remove the 2 set screws on the pulley wheel and remove the pulley. I have removed the set screws, but the pulley seems to still be on solid.

There is what looks to be a triangle head screw on the side of the pulley ( see picture )... is this actually a screw that needs to be removed? I have not been able to find reference to this anywhere nor have I been able to find any special tools to fit this triangle screw. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Moved to leather sewing machines forum

Tom

The hand wheel just has those two screws. There are no other screws involved. These hand wheels come off different on each machine. Sometimes, you can just pull it with your hand. Sometimes a gentle tap around the wheel with the wooden end of a hammer handle, and often a puller. I use a very large puller with padded jaws, tightening the puller and tapping the wheel with a hammer handle. They usually pop right off with a few turns of the puller.

Regards, Eric

Thanks Eric!

I had already tried tapping on it lightly, but didn't want to proceed before confirming that I didn't have to remove anything else first.

Appreciate the response.

Jeff