Chris Hill

Singer Model?

Anyone know what this is? I don't know the first thing about Singers, but a friend is getting rid of this and I was wondering if it would sew some lighter leather?

Model AD7x4772

Anyone know what this is? I don't know the first thing about Singers, but a friend is getting rid of this and I was wondering if it would sew some lighter leather?

Model AD7x4772

This is actually not the Model number but the Serial Number. Based on the beginning two letters, I found that it was built in 1934, but unfortunately without the missing number It could be anyone one of several machines built during that time. Ask your friend for the entire serial number then go to the Singer website and it will tell you exactly what Model the machine is based on the serial number. Or if you have pictures of the entire machine, post a pic here and one of the guru's may be able to tell you what it is.

Karina

looks like one of the smaller domestic machines. I probably will sew 2 or 3 layers of garment leather but picture is too bad to tell the model.

probably a 15-91 hard to tell from bad picture but on tension unit on the front and a potted motor says 15-91 to me.

15-91, with a gutless pod motor. I have one and eventually gave up trying to use it for anything tougher than a few layers of denim.

That is the serial number, not the model number. Some household machines did not have model numbers on them. The model number is usually on a brass plate below the singer brass insignia plate. In this case, it might be under the silver label on the machine. We need better pictures and more of them of the head and the bobbin and shuttle area to identify the machine.

shoepatcher