Sign in to follow this  
Josiah

Glock Blue Gun

I don't have much money to buy blue guns that I don't have orders for. I am wondering which glock blue gun will cover the widest range of models. I think I saw a thread on this once, and can't find it now.

Here is what I have for compatability so far.

GLOCK 17/22/31

GLOCK 19/23/32

GLOCK 26/27/33

If you don't see a number it is because as far as I can tell it is a stand alone model. There is a G 30 and G30S available from blue guns however I have been told that the G30 will work for the G30S. THe other thing to remember is that there are also generations. SO a G19 may not work for a G19 Generation 4 etc. SOme of the generation changes are internal but on some models there are also physical changes that can affect fit.

Gen 3 and Gen 4 are the same external dimensions for holster making purposes. Most of the changes were internal. The name exterior change was to the grip, which does not effect holster makers.

The G30, G30s, and G36 are similar. The G36 is a slimline (single stack) version of the G30 (double stack). The G30 and G30s use the same lower assembly, but the G30s has a narrower slide. The slide is the same slide as the G36. So the G36 has a narrow slide and narrow lower assembly. So the G30s and the G36 have the same slide, but different lower assemblies. Using them interchangeably will depend on how tightly molded your holsters are for the specific firearm. I use the same template to make holsters for the G30 and G30s, mostly because the lower frame is the same. I have a slightly different template for the G36. Even with the G30 and G30s, I use the specific firearm to mold the holster. Depending on how true your molding is to the firearm, the wider slide on the G30 will not fit into a holster molded to a G30s. So if you were only going to by one and wing it, get the wider G30. **Disclaimer - I recommend you use the proper model blue gun model to mold. If the holster is for a G30s, I use a G30s to mold.**

The G17, G19, and G26 (and their related .40 and .357 models) all have the same trigger guard, slide width, and lower frame size. The only thing different is barrel length. If you built a holster with an open toe for the G19, the G17 would fit properly (the barrel would stick out the bottom some) and the G26 would fit properly (the barrel would just sit higher up into the holster).

Your target audience will dictate where to start when purchasing blue guns. My experience has been the G19, G26, and G30s are a good place to start. They are very popular for me.

I've been around Glocks for years, but am not an expert. If someone sees somewhere that I'm wrong, feel free to jump in. The above information has always worked well for me when building holsters.

The 17 (and assoc) and the 19 (and assoc) are the SAME gun, except the barrel length. As far as molding holsters, the only effective difference is that the 17 is 1/2" longer on the barrel end. A holster molded with the 17 will "snap in" a 19 just fine - just that the 19 will set back 1/2" from the business end...