ducjes

4 Slot Bifold Template & Directions

Just wanted to say thank you. I was wondering, what weight leather would you suggest? I was thinking 4-5 oz for the outside? What about the inside? Or could it be heavier on the outside with 4-5 oz for the inner parts?

Just wanted to say thank you. I was wondering, what weight leather would you suggest? I was thinking 4-5 oz for the outside? What about the inside? Or could it be heavier on the outside with 4-5 oz for the inner parts?

I prefer a 4 - 5 oz exterior, 4 - 5 oz interior piece and then 2 - 3 oz for the card slots.

I would like to tell you thanks for the pattern

thanks for passing it on

This looks like sometihng that I will be able to do as my first wallet project, when I have gotten a few more things under my belt. Thank you for the template, and the directions.

Thanks very much for making this available for free. Just another example of the generosity of leatherworkers. This will make a great birthday gift for my nephew.

Thanks a lot Ducjes for the nice pattern, it will be my next project.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this. This is my first post, I've lurked around here for a good while, but this pattern and instructions gave me the confidence to shoot for completing a project from scratch. I'm happy with how it turned out. I did lots of stuff that I would change, but it was a great learning experience and confidence booster. Plus, I've got a cool wallet (that I made) now! Thanks again.

Thanks for this excellent pattern! Very well executed. Look forward to making my first wallet!

I've had a lot of fellow leatherworkers ask how you make a four slot bifold with minimal bulk while maintaining a slim and sleek profile. The question of the 'T' slot always comes up. I decided to put together a printable set of directions as well as a basic pattern you can cut out and use for trying it out.

I would love to get any feedback on this as well as see any results. If you're still struggling with the concept, feel free to let me know and I can try to explain further. I hope this is of some help!

4-Slot Bifold Directions.pdf

Additional Link to Google Drive PDF

Thank you for sharing

I've had a lot of fellow leatherworkers ask how you make a four slot bifold with minimal bulk while maintaining a slim and sleek profile. The question of the 'T' slot always comes up. I decided to put together a printable set of directions as well as a basic pattern you can cut out and use for trying it out.
I would love to get any feedback on this as well as see any results. If you're still struggling with the concept, feel free to let me know and I can try to explain further. I hope this is of some help!

Thank you so much, you are awesome!!! :DDD

This is exactly what I was looking for. Gonna make the mister a 38th anniversary gift.

Much much appreciated!

Hey thanks so much for the design but i have a quick question. I've built one already but the pockets are extremely tight to slide cards in/out, is there a way to prevent or remedy this? Thanks again!

Hey thanks so much for the design but i have a quick question. I've built one already but the pockets are extremely tight to slide cards in/out, is there a way to prevent or remedy this? Thanks again!

I had the same problem when I made my first one. What I did was move the side stitches out a fraction from 5 mm to 3 mm, measured from the edges. That gives it some more space for the cards to slide in and out. Too, over time the slots will gain even more space as it gets used.

Another thing that I did was to make the inside and outside parts wider as the wallet was meant to hold dollar bills. I added 15 mm to the width, to make it sure that it could contain the main bills that are used overhere in Europe.

Too, as the bills overhere are quite a bit wider than dollar bill, I did a search for the measurements for the biggest bill sizes of Euro, U.K. Pound and Danish kroners that are currently in use. I then copied them on to some printing paper, cut them out and now got hands-on references to see if said bills fits the wallet that I'm making.

Thank you for the wonderful pattern and instructions. I plan to make one this month and will post pictures.

Thanks for the ideas, thats one thing i've never made, a bifold.

Indeed, thank you for sharing this information for all of our newly motivated wallet makers. You have put together a very simple design to work with and the instructions to go along with it should pretty much cover anyone's questions. I have been making my wallets this way for several years as the "T" top on the inner pockets creates a better overlap when using multiples. I even make some of them with the pockets attached to larger "plate" that is then attached to the interior body which gives you that extra "hidden" pocket that we find in most commercially produced wallets. In addition to this addition, I also make my standard billfolds as what I call the 6+2 interior; 6 card pockets with 2 hidden pockets, and I go up from there.

Again, thank you so much for providing this information to the group and keep up the good work.

Thank you muchly for the pattern.

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I've been looking for :)