Does anyone know the proper adjustment for the Feed Adjustment Link eccentric screw in a 441 Clone? It's not in the enginner manual. I am having trouble with the reverse stitch matching up to the previouys stitch holes. Sometimes it reverses to every other stitch, sometimes the first reverse stitch is off, but the stich width is spot on if I manually position it. Sometimes the stitch is off by 1 mm on every one.

Took some photos to show what adjustment point I am talking about. The Front View pic shows the screw under the stitch length lever to loosen the eccentric screw shown in the side view pic. I have tried multiple settings but to no avail. It's my understanding that if I hit the correct setting, any stitch made in forward mode can be reversed into previous stitches. I have been able to pull this off with 11mm stitches but not 6mm.

Also, are there other areas needing readjustment after messing with this part of the 441? Seems like it's throwing off the walking foot hieght.

post-44848-0-68050900-1396738889_thumb.j

post-44848-0-77635000-1396738890_thumb.j

Okay I read your link Tree Reaper and am still confused. So if you are changing stitch length you need to calibrate with the nut right? Then once forward and reverse match your good to go? I have changed my stitch length on the Cobra 4 and never thought I was messing anything up. But this may explain why my backups stitches don't always line up. Oh and while were on the subject. When you go around a project complete how do you hit the original starting holes coming from the final stitch path. This is really hit and miss with me as well.

That's the way it works.

The only thing you might do different is stitch without the thread until the holes get lined back up then stitch with the thread back in place.

I've been doing the last stitch manually, start bringing the needle down and see where it's going to hit, move the leather and drop the needle into place by hand using the wheel and keep stitching to lock.

I recently saw a video where you can use the stitch lever to stop it where you want and I'll be trying that next.

Check out the video in this thread...

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=54281&hl=

Thanks I am going to re-calibrate my stitch length. I've seen that video and the guys looses me. He is making adjustments so fast I can't follow what his hands are doing. I do free wheel into the final stitch hole like you said. The problem I have is sometimes it leaves a bottom loop coming out of the final stitch hole. Thanks for the tip.

The biggest problem I see with the last stitch is not being able to see the needle because the inside foot just has a hole in it and the needle can't be seen.

That's where an open inside foot makes a difference, you can see where the needle is hitting.

I'd like to buy the foot without the hole and put a slot in it.

My foot is slotted in the front and I still get this wrong.

Where did you get your slotted inner foot?

Where did you get your slotted inner foot?

It came with my Cobra 4

Ok, thanks.

Thanks for the tip Tree Reaper! I'm still looking for the correct adjustment specs on that eccentric screw though. It's my understanding that one should be able to move the stitch length lever up until it stops without adjustment and it will go back into the previous stitch holes. Is this inaccurate? Since I have already moved it out of whatever position it was in, I'm looking to get it back to specs. I've never had so much trouble with a machine before...

When the top of my reverse lever is resting at 0, the linkage in your picture is straight up and down.

I have the cowboy 4500.

post-19342-0-67154300-1396879506_thumb.j

post-19342-0-02267000-1396879518_thumb.j

Thank you so much Tree Reaper, I am grateful for the pics and assistance. I got her figured out and back to her owner, who is thrilled to have her back.