CCPhotog

Leatherman Pouch With Multiple Pockets

I would like to make a pouch that can carry more than one tool. Similar to this excellent tutorial : http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31601 but with the ability to carry multiple items (a pocketknife and a firestarter) but I can't picture the way to handle it. Where would I put the dividers? I've tried laying it out with scraps and anything I get comes out either bulky, or I can't figure out how to assemble it. Particularly adding dividers in the middle of the pouch.

What's the fire starter look like?

YouTube Ian Atkinson videos I think his handle is Leodis Leather. He did a pretty awesome Leatherman case that held a bunch of bits, flash light, pen etc

I can see a few ways to do this. You could attach two molded pouches on one back side by side like a mag pouch. Or you could sew a loop on the side of the pouch like a pen holder. Or you could make a larger pouch and put in an internal divider.

I have made one with a side loop for firestarter as one of my first projects. Here is picture I uploaded to Pinterest. I agree with glockanator, watch Ian Atkinson's video - good starting point. I do not see any problem with having 2 pockets with a stitch between them as a divider.

If I was going to go with the oversized possibles bag with a divider, what I'd probobly do is make a removalbe piece so that I could use it as you want as well as a larger belt bag when needed. I'de size the pouch so that when the tool and firestarter and divider are in place, the pouch is tight. To make the divdider, I would cut two parts that fit tight inside the pouch, making either a front and back space or two side by side spaces. Then I would bond those two parts flesh to flesh and sew around the part to give it some extra rigidity. You could sew the divider into the pouch, but this way would give you some extra use I think.

The side loop or double pouch options might serve better if you want this to do one thing and do it well though.