eby

New Leatherworker, New Member

Hello from Portland Oregon!

I have been hooked on leather work after fumbling through my first few projects, and I am enjoying building my skills (and tool collection.) I've been reading these forums for a little while, but this is my first post. There is so much information on here that I feel pretty lucky to have stumbled onto it! Being new I don't feel like I have much advice or help to offer, so I'll just put up a couple photos of my humble workbench and projects. I look forward to conversing and learning more from all the talented folks on these boards!

The first pic is my little work corner under the eaves in the attic.

Second is my workbench I built out of wood from the salvage yard.

Third is my stitching pony I built from left over flooring. I call it my stitching donkey...

Fourth is my first project. I was pretty proud of it, but now it looks kind of ragged. Works though!

Last is a little card case with some proper saddle stitching (thanks, donkey!) Not great, but improving.

I'll put some pics up for critiques at some point after I get another little project or two done. Thanks for looking!

-N

post-51056-0-58856700-1396842604_thumb.j

post-51056-0-85176000-1396842685_thumb.j

post-51056-0-94586900-1396842695_thumb.j

post-51056-0-79672400-1396842701_thumb.j

post-51056-0-93553300-1396842755_thumb.j

Hello and welcome to the forum! Nice pictures you have there.

Howdy neighbor. I just signed on myself - out in Sandy.

My first post too. I "inherited" some leather stuff from a friend who passed away a few months ago.

In reading up on holsters and sheaths, I started finding all these great instructional videos online. I have always enjoyed hand made fine crafts over fine art, myself - and had a run a ceramics for a while way back when.

I have been sucking up this leather stuff like a sponge - looking forward to getting into it. Lots of research, still have to see what I have - but have lots of practice scraps, and need to get to it.

You look like you're off to a great start!

:thumbsup:

Edited by DireWolf

Hello to both of you. As much as there is in Portland of an organized group I sort of lead it. We meet at Tandy every other week and work on projects (I also do some of the classes too).

Contact me if you have questions.

Aaron

Thanks for the welcome!

Aaron,

I'll have to stop by some time. Saturday is pretty much my only day I can get to Tandy or OR Leather for supplies. When do you meet?

And a big Hi, from the Peach state Too !

Welcome to the forum, and nice pics you posted as well.

Welcome aboard!

Like electrathon/Aaron said we've got our little group that meets up and hopefully we'll see you guy's there sometime.

Horn