dkvv

Singer 45K1 Thread Tension Check Spring Broke

My Singer 45K1 Thread Tension Check Spring is broken, is there someone who knows where i can find a new one, or a replacementpart for it.

I can't find these on the internet , and i don't know witch will fit.

Thanks

Johan

Belgium

Hello,

this is not the spring i needed.

its more like this , see the picture from the manual.

post-37122-0-32531100-1396975281_thumb.j

I know but there is just one coil type spring in the 45K so I´d assume the dealer just have bad pictures. I´d contact them and ask.

If just the small end that goes into the tension post is broken, try to bend the remaining end, it MAY work and since the spring is broken why not give it a try.

Or try one of the dealer who have banner at the top of this page. But they are all located in the US or Canada but not in Europe.

OR - maybe the check spring of the Singer 132K will fit but I cannot confirm this...

http://www.college-sewing.co.uk/1416-CHECK-SPRING-SEIKO-_-SINGER-132K=97798

Edited by Constabulary

I had a sewing machine repair person make a spring for my 45k25. A lot of parts ft from a tech sew ga5 I think, I think they call them something else now though. Search this forum for 45k25 and you'll find some info. Good luck 45k parts are pretty scarce

Thanks for your answer, but i found out that is was not broken,

This particular spring is found, and i can order it when needed.

Thanks a lot

Johan

Hi There, i am new here to this but i think that the check spring in the first drawing and the one you see on the college sewing page is different. as i have a couple of 45s and the oldest one is from 1895 and has the same part missing, the check spring like the one on the college sewing page. this goes around a larger stud than the other one in your first drawing. i tried changing the one from my other 45 and it will fit but you need to put in the whole thing in, stud,spring,wheel etc...