May I recommend also the al stohlman series on case making. I think there are 3 books that tany carries. I picked up number 1 today when I was down there (they are on sale this month for $15 a pop). Granted alot of the stuff is out dated and such but for over all ideas and tips on how to make the stuff its a necessity atleast for me the somewhat beginner.

Obviously there arent any cell phone cases in there but I learned alot about how not to put all the stress on rivets and stuff like that. Pretty interesting read if you get the chance.

EDIT: If you can get it over there or shipped over. Not sure what the prices are to the UK, wasnt thinking about how diverse this community is here.

Edited by MADMAX22

I do the concho snaps because it adds to the over all look of the case...in my humble opinion. I started out making a case for myself, and I didn't want just a plain old snap on the front...or velcro, or what ever. So I made a concho snap.

You don't have to do it, it's a personal preference thing for me. But, for what it's worth, I don't think I'd buy one for myself without an interesting concho....unless there were some really clever way to close the case. When you're thinking up your design, ask yourself if YOU would pay money for it...?

Right now, I'm working on a new design since my latest cell phone won't fit in the old case. I'll post pics when I'm done. I'm thinking of using a lot of conquistador braiding, and the phone will ride on it's side instead of vertically. Still got some kinks to work out, but it's coming along.

I make a quicky very similar to the Tandy, Sometimes I put a heavy belt clip, sometimes a light one, but my little change is that I use earth magnets, hand sewn in place. The bikers like them cause the velcro and such fly off in the wind, or the standard magnets you buy at leather suppliers is too bulky, and not strong enough. I also use screws instead of rivets. Not much, but I'll show 'em here for you...

How do you sew the magnets in or do you get ones with a centre hole. Thanks Darryl