Suicide

Maker Station: The Portable Reconfigurable Work Station For All Makers

Hi folks,

Just suddenly came across this great step-by-step "how to" for making that sort of workbench.

I think it might be useful for someone who short in space, doing demo/keeping workshops etc etc etc

It might not be as solid as 18th century Royal desk, but easily reconfigurable, extendable, fits in car etc etc etc

All the credits to the author, please :cheers:

Click here!

FB62H7JHTRVI8KN.MEDIUM.jpg

Edited by Suicide

Pretty snazzy. The main alteration I would make is to beef up the tabletop supports. Perhaps by making them a mirror image of the fold out leg supports.

Indeed.

Thats what designer answered in a backtalk about hamering on the lip.

These questions about hammering have really got me thinking. As it stands I designed the Maker Station in such a way that the middle section would be the main hammering surface. The fact that the middle surface is easily replaceable combined with it's location directly over the framework seemed like the perfect place to smack things about with hammers and mallets. Having said that, I think there are several improvements that could be made to make the leaves more hammer ready. For one, you could increase the width of the leaf supports so that they extend a greater distance across the leaves, This would add a ridiculous amount of strength (of course it would also require additional wood, and cabinet hinges). Additionally you could make it so that the leaf supports attach to the cross braces with hand screws and threaded inserts, which would prevent the leaf supports from slipping off the catch blocks while hammering. Lastly you could add some supports between the cross bracers so that they would be less likely to bow with the downward force of the hammer blows. I hope that all makes sense.

I see that I'm not the only fan of Hack a Day! I saw that desk on there recently and thought it was a great idea for those with limited space or that travel.