roys29

8 Bits Leathe Patterns

I've had many requests for my leather patterns, and my old Cowby Chronicle articles keep popping up here, so for those who are interested below is a link to download those patterns. I have compressed all of the patterns into one .zip file. RIGHT click on the link, then click on Save, Save As, or Save Target As, select a location on your PC, then click OK or Save and you should download the file. FYI these are just the patterns, there are no instructions that go with them. You'll have to have some knowledge of leather working. :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Roy Seifert

http://www.ktgunsmith.com/other/pattern.zip

Roy, thank you very much for sharing. Very generous.

Roy, tried two different unzip programs both say it is an invalid file.

Edited by camano ridge

Sorry, it would help if I could type. Here is the corrected link:

http://www.ktgunsmith.com/other/patterns.zip

Put an s at the end of pattern and the link will work. Sorry for the confusion.

Roy, that one worked. Again thank you for your generosity in sharing. I had some of your patterns already including a few not in this set of patterns, however there are several here that I did not have.

Thank you very much sir.

Thank you very much for sharing the patterns!

All of you should thank Al Stohlman, Craftool, and Tandy also, because some of the tooling patterns are knock offs of patterns from the "How to Make Holsters" book that is copyrighted.

Thank you very much, Roy (and Al Stohlman, Craftool, Tandy).

Thank you very much Roy, I appreciate a shared pattern regardless if it is a so called "knock off". You took your time to share and that deserves appreciation.

Thank you for sharing your patterns! I have a question, maybe is a stupid question, but how to print these patterns properly? Thanks for any suggestion

Edited by Bruno Rock

Bruno,

Most of the patterns are too large to be printed on a single sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper. Import the pattern into your favorite paint or draw program (I use CorelDraw) and be sure it is sized correctly. If I remember right I put a 1-inch square on each pattern so you can size it correctly. Then you will have to move the drawing around so part of it prints on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Once all the parts are printed you will have to cut them out and tape them together to make the full-size pattern. Yeah, ok, this requires some computer skill as well as leather crafting skill! :helpsmilie::taptap::coffeecomp:

As far as the patterns being knockoffs, sure they are; imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I find photos, commercial catalogs, patterns or actual holsters and design my own patterns from them. Many commercial patterns just don't meet my needs so I tweak them a bit. :spoton:

Thanks Roy! I appreciate the patterns!

Thanks for the clear esplanation and for the patterns! Soon I'll try to print them out and make some holster!

Thank you Roy. That is quite a list of patterns to study over.

Roy, thank you for sharing

Thank you Roy, for the patterns, your time and your interest!!!!