This is the neatest gun I've seen in a while, it comes with two cylinders, 22 MAG and 22 LR. The holster wasn't easy to make as there isn't a lot of room to work with and the customer wanted to clip it to the outside of his pocket on his jeans. He also wanted plain leather and Black. So this is what I came up with. The .380 was a little more conventional, although it is pretty small as well and he wanted to put a magazine pouch on the outside of the holster itself.

Chief

post-6362-0-77395200-1397617154_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-85745500-1397617160_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-12897400-1397617165_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-45888100-1397617168_thumb.jp

Looks like you did a good job on those holsters. I'd like to see the back of that American Arms holster to see what kind of clip you used. Nice work there.

1911 in a .38 nice !Great work by the way !

Looks like you did a good job on those holsters. I'd like to see the back of that American Arms holster to see what kind of clip you used. Nice work there.

No clip, he didn't want one on this, he did on the derringer. He wanted to be able to put it on his belt and make sure it stayed in place so I used two belt loops, shorter than normal so they would fit snug, he can run the belt through the back one then through a belt loop on his pants and then through the other and the holster will not be able to slide around. I'd never done that before, but it was what he wanted.

1911 in a .38 nice !Great work by the way !

Thanks, the .380 is kind of neat in a 1911 type weapon, the weapon is small, hard to tell in the picture, I would estimate about 75% size of a normal 1911 or a little less. The camo job was done by a guy he knows. It is pretty sharp in person, the guy normally does long guns but I think this turned out pretty nice.

Pics of the backs.

Chief

post-6362-0-47356200-1397657893_thumb.jp

Thanks Chief for posting those pics. That answers my question. I really like that derringer holster a lot.

Thanks Chief for posting those pics. That answers my question. I really like that derringer holster a lot.

I like the derringer, I might think about picking one up, there kind of neat.

Chief

Nice work on the derringer holster, I'm guessing the client is left handed.

I had one of those derringers, shot it once. When I was able to feel my fingers again I sold it, HA! Still it's better then a sharp stick when you need to keep the wolves at bay.

Nice work on the derringer holster, I'm guessing the client is left handed.

I had one of those derringers, shot it once. When I was able to feel my fingers again I sold it, HA! Still it's better then a sharp stick when you need to keep the wolves at bay.

He's right handed, he wanted to put the clip on his jeans pocket and have the holster outside the pocket.

Chief

Nice work on those. I've got one of those derringers, they're great.

Hey Chief, I just got asked to make a holster, will be my first for that american derringer. My customer wants to carry it in his front pocket. He was looking at a card wallet I made and we put the pistol in it. I was going to take the gun and wet form it, make it kind of flat, so it will lay nice in that pocket. My question is about lining the holster or keeping it plain. Lining would be nice, but I think it would be too thick in the end. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Again, this is my first holster.

Thanks Big.

Big, if you wet form it I would sugest wet forming on the side toward the body. I have seen pocket holsters that have been detail molded on bothe sides and they print just like the gun without a holster. I don't know what thickness leather you are using. On my pocket holsters Iuse a thin pice to line only the side of the holster that will be against the front of the pocket. It gives a little more stiffness and again is less likely to print the shape of the gun. If you are putting the derringer in a wallet like holster. Make sure you cannot accesss the trigger to fire while in the holster. If you do make it so it can be fired while in the holster you will run into some ATF trouble.

Hey Chief, I just got asked to make a holster, will be my first for that american derringer. My customer wants to carry it in his front pocket. He was looking at a card wallet I made and we put the pistol in it. I was going to take the gun and wet form it, make it kind of flat, so it will lay nice in that pocket. My question is about lining the holster or keeping it plain. Lining would be nice, but I think it would be too thick in the end. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Again, this is my first holster.

Thanks Big.

Ditto what Camano Ridge said, he's an expert on these things. I normally line the holster, I don't wet form a lot, I do some times, but not on this. If you're worried about the thickness of the holster and want to line it, use 2 oz less thickness leather and line with 2/3 oz liner or divide the thickness in half and laminate two thinner pieces together (i.e., if you're wanting 6 oz, then laminate two 2/3 oz pieces, when I laminate, I normally use less total thickness because the resulting leather will be "Stiffer" than a normal piece because the two pieces act against each other when bending or giving (probably not the right technical language but works for me). Also if you line the holster, you will need to stitch it all the way around the circumference not just on the closing seam. On these two holsters the 1911 is lined and the derringer is not, I don't remember them that well (this is a older post), but I know that because the 1911 is stitched on the top and bottom and the derringer isn't.

Chief

Thanks for the input ! I like the idea to put thin lining on pocket side. Not wet formed and trigger covered. Much appreciated

BIg