TwinOaks

Guide To The Basics Of Carving

Welcome to Leatherworker.net !

Here's a link to a primer on the main page for carving leather. It lists a few of the tools and defines their purpose. However, this is by no means a complete list and you are welcome to post your question threads.

Basics to Carving Leather

Note: I didn't write the guide, just linked it.

Wow, thanks for writing that! It answered a lot of my questions and addressed many of the issues I have been having.

Thanks I am new at leather working and artical like this is a big help. Again Thank You

Thanks, lots of good information for us newbies!

Filigree blade styles should be added to the rather extensive and well written tutorial above. They have a steeper angle then regular angle blades and used predominately for fine decorative cuts.

Very nice! Thank you.

I have a deep desire to learn leathercraft, I believe I have a natural ability, but have not had tools for a long time,"lost my inherited tools to theft" can someone suggest a list of carving/working tools and dyes to get started again?

I have a deep desire to learn leathercraft, I believe I have a natural ability, but have not had tools for a long time,"lost my inherited tools to theft" can someone suggest a list of carving/working tools and dyes to get started again?

It seems the link is no longer active for some reason.