LeatherWerks

Is Leather Burnishers Still In Business?

I ordered 3 burnishers from them back on March 30. Ed sent me an invoice through Paypal and I paid it the same day. He send me an email saying my order should ship about April 14. Since I haven't seen the order, I sent him an email but get no response. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

Steve

their webpage mentioned having to wait a few weeks for them to fulfill orders right now. i didn't particularly feel like waiting so i ordered mine elsewhere.

you should email them again and ask them where your stuff is...i'd keep sending them until i got a reply. there's no excuse for them ignoring you.

Ed is furiously working to get things ready for Sheridan, and he is working on orders. Being a one man show is tough, but he is a solid guy and he will get to your order. Do not fear. He has always come through for me.

Mike

Ed was just on this forum yesterday, send him a PM or call them. I think they are just back logged with orders because of the quality of their product. Hang in there the wait will be worth it. I have mauls and burnishers from them and they are great.

the one i got from pro edge is perfect. i highly doubt they can get any better.

oh and i had mine about 2 business days after i bought it online, so.....

Thanks Mike & Camano,,, Steve, I can understand your frustration,,, I wish I was able to help but I'm not the person making your burnishers. Actually the person making the burnishers for about the past 8-9 months has been my son Beary's friend, Ed Stiles. I guess that's where some confussion comes in. Ed is a very honest & stand up guy, I'm sure he's got things under control. But,,, that being said,,, I will call him for you & try to find out some info for you. As far as the quality,,, there are none better! If you were able to see the steps he goes through to make sure every aspect is absolutely perfect, you would understand.

Take Care,,, I will let you know what I find out. Ed the"BearMan" LaBarre

As far as the quality,,, there are none better! If you were able to see the steps he goes through to make sure every aspect is absolutely perfect, you would understand.

I have burnishers from three different suppliers and I happen to agree with you, the one I got from Leather burnishers is 2nd to none!

Karina

unless someone can point to actual, real specifics about why these are just so much better than pro edge, i'm not buyin' it. (literally)

I also have an order in and am waiting patiently. I understand people are busy, but I want my burnishers.

Okay, thanks to everyone who responded, makes me feel better about the delay. And thanks Bearman for your IM reply. I don't have any issue with the delay as I have other burnishers I can use. Where the problem comes us is with Paypal. After you hit day 45, there's nothing Paypal will do to help you resolve the issue. So, I'll continue to wait, and hopefully, I'll get the burnishers before day 44. At that point, no matter how great you all say Ed is, (and I'm sure this is true), I'll have to cover my 6.

Steve

Okay, got my burnishers today. Top quality product, no complaints.

Steve

I happen to have trouble contacting Ed Stiles too. Had a custom order paid exactly 1 month ago, had a reply from him on 22nd.

Hope everything is ok.

I know that they are hard working folks, read a lot of recommendations, that is why I chose them.

Only that it would be nice to know how long it takes - excuding shipping of course.

I know I've been insistent with a couple of mails after we last spoke, and if Ed sees this post, I am apologizing for spamming.

When I paid for burnishers, etc., on May 19, I was told there was a four week backlog. I followed up on July 24 and was told my order would ship "next week". It's now September 1 and the email I sent over a week ago remains unanswered. Things are not looking promising.

The quality of the product doesn't matter if you can't get delivery or communication.

After reading all the high praise and initially getting great communication, I'm very disappointed.

Edited by DaveC

I received an apologetic email from Ed Stiles yesterday along with a picture of the items I ordered sitting beside and USPS box complete with tracking number. It's in the mail today.

Everyone drops the ball once in a while and Ed has generously made this situation right.

Just as promised, the burnishers and maul arrived in the mail yesterday. They are beautiful and I'm looking forward to putting them to good use.

This delay and lack of communication seems to not be an isolated incident. I ordered and paid through PayPal on Aug 16 for a general purpose drill press burnisher and a bear spike. It does say on the website that there's a 2 week wait, but when I hadn't heard anything after 5 weeks, this past Monday I emailed inquiring about my order's status. It's Friday and I haven't heard back. :( I went into it knowing I'd have to wait 2 weeks and I was even okay with 3 weeks, but over 5 weeks with no communication is really frustrating and certainly isn't best business practice.

So I finally got a response from Ed via email with a picture of the burnishers and a tracking number. I will post again when items arrive.

Hi All, I live in Australia and I too have ordered and paid for a full set of Dremel burnishers through Ed Stiles on 8th September.

After payment I waited patiently for the 2 weeks to pass that I was told it would take for my order to be despatched, I have since emailed him quite a few times. Finally got word from him that they would be sent on the 24th September and that he would send tracking details. After a couple more emails I finally got the tracking number for a parcel sent on 30th September, but it wasn't mine, it was for a parcel which was picked up on Monday in Lyn Haven Florida. I have already sent two emails to Ed asking for my tracking number and haven't heard anything yet.

I am willing to be patient if I have to as long as I get what I paid for. i am starting to worry that I might have been ripped off. I live in hope that I'm wrong and that it is really on the way to me, but I have no way of knowing without a correct tracking number. I will keep emailing him everyday and hope that he replies with the tracking number.

I really hope that I get an email from him in the morning with my tracking details, I am really looking forward to getting my burnishers as I am really keen to get started burnishing.

I will watch this post with interest, I really hope you get your burnishers kjcreamer as hopefully that will mean that mine are on the way to me.

I am very happy to report that I have just re-checked the tracking number that Ed gave me. Two days ago it just had two entries and looked like it had been picked up, now it has quite a few more entries and it shows that it is on its way internationally from Miami. So I am very happy, it appears that my order is on the way to me. I am really looking forward to getting them.

So the burnishers arrived today and they both are fantastic. I had to wait 7 weeks and send multiple emails but they did get here.

Mine finally arrived today. They were worth the wait. But it took a long time. Wish Ed had said in the beginning how long it was going to take up front

Seems like I am in good company. I contacted Ed in late October to order a maul after my daughter gave me a gift certificate for one. Note to self, never mention big priced items around birthday time. We finalized the order November 17, 2015 and the final payment for some extras I added was sent immediately. Their website at that time stated a two week lead time ( it is now eight weeks) which I understood and accepted. December 17, 2015 I contacted Leather Burnishers via e-mail inquiring about the status of the maul and was informed the plate was being laser engraved and should be sent soon. January 20, 2016 I sent an e-mail again inquiring about the status of my maul and wanting a date of when to expect it. As of today I have heard nothing from them.

Does anyone know what is going on with them, I understand good things take time but two months to receive a maul seems a extreme to me, especially when I note others have received items from other suppliers within days. Again I know quality takes time but the lack of customer service ( a simple response to an e-mail) I do not understand. As a custom leather business owner I find good customer service handles a wait time every time. Guess I will keep this in mind the next time I am looking for tools.

Anyway, I appreciate the chance to vent.

Newbie and first time poster. Sorry if my first post is to vent out for my recent experience with Ed Stiles of Leather Burnishers. I am new with leather work and I have been saving money to invest on the right gears to make this new hobby smooth sailing. With research i learned that the right way to smoothen edges of leather such as belts should be by using a leather burnisher. So I researched on where to purchase great quality of leather burnishers and that is where i found Leather Burnishers via the help of google. The product line up on their website looks pretty decent and website as a whole looks legit. So I didn't hesitated to place the order. I get in touch with Ed and during the onset of my inquiry he is very responsive. After I placed and paid the burnishers I made a follow up to check the ETA then he advised that they currently have a 4 week lead time. I placed and made the payment January 25, 2016 and waited 4 weeks as advised. After that I made a follow up on the status of my order and that is when his response became erratic. I stayed patient until he got back to me on March 15, 2016 and provided me with the USPS tracking number and without any apology and explanation of the delay. Before he provided me with the tracking number I have made a couple of follow up email but never received a response. The initial agreement that we had is not to ship my order via USPS but instead use my FedEx account so it will be faster but he shipped it via USPS still. I have the tracking number and checked it on the USPS site and i was able to track it until March 16, 2016 but after that the tracking detail is no where to be found on the USPS site. So i emailed Ed to check with him if he were able to send the package or he have cancelled it but until today I haven't receive a single response from him. I am not sure what to do maybe any of the members here can help in contacting him and maybe raise the issue to him. I am loosing patience with him, i find his actions unprofessional. How hard is it to respond to emails and tell his customers the issue?  I am sure they can understand if given a proper explanation. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Sincerely,

Dan