I'm trying to lace up the side of a thick (3/8") sheath I made. I tried double loop, and triple loop, but they don't quit cover the edge. I am told there is a quadruple loop or four loop lacing, but I haven't been able to find it in any books or on the web. If anyone knows how to do this I would sure appreciate a tutorial or instructions, Thanks, Garry.

Bigfoote,

The instructions are in Tandy's Book, "How to Lace", new revised edition, it has a copy-write of 2005. It was there stock number: 6004-00. It is available on their site in hard copy for $4.99 and for download on the LeatherCraft Library for $3.99.

The lacing technique is referred to as "Quadruple Cordovan", it has instructions for double cordovan (double loop), triple cordovan and quadruple cordovan as well as Mexican Basket Weave (Round Braid) and others. Well worth having for reference.

Chief

This video is me demonstrating the Mexican Basket Weave or Round Braid, not the Quadruple Loop.

Chief

Thanks Chief, I had a 50% chance of getting the right book first time, guess I picked the wrong one, another $5.00 into my leather working tools and books. I will have to start selling some of my stuff to justify buying more. :cowboy: I sure like the look of the triple loop, hope the quadruple looks as good. I'm also going to watch some of your videos tonight, good stuff and much appreciated. Off to download another book, will let you know how it works, thanks again, Garry.