This is my kick starter Project! Check it out and pledge! help make this dream come true!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/905865110/wolves-leather

April of 2013 I quit my construction job and moved to downtown Pittsburgh to officially start my leather working business called “Wolves Leather”. I really enjoy working with my hands where I can create a quality product for everyday use. All of my products are my own design and are all made by hand including the stitching.

Everyone benefits from quality products which is why I strive to craft the best leather goods that I can so that they will be used enjoyed for years to come. Today I have my dad's leather coat he wore 40 years ago and I have my grandfather's leather boots he wore 60 years ago. A leather product can be passed on from generation to generation giving it amazing sentimental value, which is priceless.

No Insult intended but you do understand that you are asking me to contribute to my competition? Its a great idea I'm just not sure this is the place to ask for financial support. I could, however, be wrong.

No Insult intended but you do understand that you are asking me to contribute to my competition? Its a great idea I'm just not sure this is the place to ask for financial support. I could, however, be wrong.

no, you're not wrong. struck me the same way.

i think instead of contributing to his kickstarter, i'll just contribute to myself. lol

I was thinking of making a kickstarted very soon once I get everything together. Seems like there is a new trend towards handmade goods on kickstarter and it would be best to get in it sooner before it explodes and everyone is making a project.

Good luck and it looks like you will make your pledge.

DavidL, I think the handmade goods thing on Kickstarter has already exploded.

Austyn, no offense meant, but you probably ought to raise your standards (stitching, edges etc.) if you want to compete with other leathercrafters.

Good luck for your pledge and may your dream come true!

ummm..

Good luck & all that but, well..

hmmm

definitely already exploded. I have seen a only a few that are done traditionally saddle stitched most are made overseas in china boo!

Austyn get a pricking iron and your stitches will look a lot cleaner.

Good luck in your business

It takes guts to go out on your own and do this as a full time job

Edited by WScott

Don't be afraid of competition guys. Toss the kid a couple of bucks, and even more important your wise critique. He is trying to get started and that's a heck of a lot better than a lot his age. Jeez!

Tell ya what MojoGerorge you give him all the money you want. I'm not scared of the competation but i'm not going to give somebody money just so they can try something that they may do good at or fall flat on their face. They can go to the bank and borrow the money to get what they need or save their money and go into business.

It's not just this guy either but i have seen a few of these give me money so i can do what i want without it costing me anything post on here. Heck i may fail or i may not like it after all and i don' t want to invest my own money. So far all of these post were just to ask for the money then the are never heard from again. So like i said knock ya self out and give him ar any of the other people your money i'm sure they will appreicate it.

If he was a regular member of the community I may help them out or if I knew them in person.

Also don't take a loan out to get started you will end up trying to manage a company and make payments at the same time.

Congratulations on reaching your funding goal. I hope to see more from you in the future.