Leese

Purses - My Experiments, Mixed Media

Hi! I joined this forum a few months ago after buying a Consew 228r high lift post machine and experimenting with it...here are some of my first designs.

I have others, similar style different materials.

Now I am trying a new tote bag pattern and want to add piping.

Since this machine came with just a roller foot, my attempts to sew piping between two layers is not working...is there a piping foot I can buy and install as needed?

Thank you!

:)

post-45285-0-61120300-1399087615_thumb.j

post-45285-0-56395200-1399087700_thumb.j

I like your bags, sorry cannot help with your question

Very nice bags! I know you have a Consew but Sailrite has videos sewing piping. I don't know if the piping foot is interchangable but it might be something to look at. I've enjoyed their videos at www.sailrite.com

post-45285-0-32984200-1401250196_thumb.jBenlilly1 -

Thank you for the suggestion - loved the video and am happy to know I am doing my piping properly on my home machine :)

Used it to make this bag - it is of vinyl though (the piping is garment grade leather)...still fiddling with ideas on how to make leather bag on the roller machine - I must call the dealer to see if there is a foot I can change out! and of course, try making a larger seam allowance so the roller foot will grab the layers and I can position the needle close to the cording.

Okay, back to thread tension research!

Leese