Leatherbaron

Made Myself A New Edge Burnisher Motorised

Hi Guys , just thought I would show of my edge burnisher that I made

this one is version 2

much more usefull than my first old model that used a washing machine motor and a Handgrinder hub as a gearbox etc etc

the new one uses good stuff.....

post-28540-0-88725400-1399461657_thumb.j

post-28540-0-76356700-1399461677_thumb.j

Had a friend who has a Wood Lathe to make me a couple of burnishing rollers of various sizes...

to fit my 3/4 inch shaft .... which fits the bearings and casings.... the motor was the worst cost because i bought a brand new one....

as you can see it was easy to make using a bit of scrap steel for the base.... and a few hours assembly....

it works like a ferrari

Regars

Leatherbaron

www.leatherbaron.com

Edited by Leatherbaron

Really nice edge burnisher. Might inspire me to make one for myself.

I also checked out your website, you have some very beautiful stuff there.

Rohn

I have an idea for a powered edge burnisher and am trying to decide if it's a good or bad idea...

My first attempt was sawing the pointy end off the tandy wood burnisher, bore a hole down the center and epoxy in a steel shaft to put in my cordless drill/driver. It makes things go quicker, but it's kind of ungainly trying to hold the drill in one hand and the leather piece in the other. For my next attempt I'm thinking of using an inexpensive hand mixer (three speeds, two counter rotating beaters). Cut the curvy bits off the metal shafts, epoxy the drilled burnishers in place, and mount it to a piece of 2"x8" that can be clamped/wingbolted to the workbench.

So what do you think?

I have an idea for a powered edge burnisher and am trying to decide if it's a good or bad idea...

My first attempt was sawing the pointy end off the tandy wood burnisher, bore a hole down the center and epoxy in a steel shaft to put in my cordless drill/driver. It makes things go quicker, but it's kind of ungainly trying to hold the drill in one hand and the leather piece in the other. For my next attempt I'm thinking of using an inexpensive hand mixer (three speeds, two counter rotating beaters). Cut the curvy bits off the metal shafts, epoxy the drilled burnishers in place, and mount it to a piece of 2"x8" that can be clamped/wingbolted to the workbench.

So what do you think?

Any burnisher that spin in balance is a good idea.... my first one was an old washing machine motor with burnisher mounted on the end of it , worked good

Rohn

Rohn

Thanks Rohn , easy to make , just gotta do it huh !!! took me 3 years to get around to it , the one afternoon to make it. regards