Here are a few recent carry holsters. All for 5" 1911's and mostly all 8 oz HO. The darker IWB is two layers of 4 oz back to back.

Thanks for looking, Josh

post-19070-0-64487400-1399477864_thumb.j

post-19070-0-30526400-1399477874_thumb.j

post-19070-0-37800900-1399477882_thumb.j

post-19070-0-58948600-1399477896_thumb.j

post-19070-0-19230800-1399477908_thumb.j

post-19070-0-80663900-1399477932_thumb.j

Great work Josh. Clean and neat.

We may have touched on this before but seeing those picture have made up my mind to get a belt slot punch. Josh, can you recommend a vendor?

Edited by Red Cent

Thanks Red Cent, that really made my day because I don't have a slot punch :cowboy:

I use a 5/16 round punch and head knife (I tried a chisel but liked the head knife more), then I sand with a little piece of sandpaper wrapped around a pencil and edge with a #2 bisonette (sp?) beveller and slick with the wooden Weaver edge tool. Some times it works pretty good and sometimes they're rougher than I want. These ones turned out pretty nice.

I'm sure a bunch of folks will chime in with some good slot punch makers,. It's one of the things I have on my wish list but haven't gotten around to buying yet.

Best regards, Josh

Nice work as always Josh

Nice work.

I do very little leatherwork anymore and very little woodwork (age is a factor) either but I use the correct width wood chisel to cut slots in leather. Saves money and space on tools and it makes for nice slots if you are careful.

Thanks Double H.

I like the thought of using chisels to complete slots so I got a decent set and gave it a try then I went back to my head knife. For me the head knife just works better but I also use it to cut all of my patterns and for any skiving that needs to be done. Because of that I'm familiar with it and keep it pretty sharp.

Best regards, Josh

Great work..... I am the same, just got use to head and round knifes and it is difficult to use anything else.

Bobby

Nice work Josh! I had a clicker dye with a handle made by Texas Customs. Took two tries to get the dye right but they make life really good.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Thanks Bobby and Robert!

Similar to a different thread from a few days ago, there are many ways to do the job and all of them are right if you do a neat job of it.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Great looking rigs. I do have a question, are you pressing or hand molding? Just curious.

there are many ways to do the job and all of them are right if you do a neat job of it.

Well said and very true. After trying a number of things I settled on a 1 9/16" Sz 1 French Skiving knife by CSO. I like that it cuts through more than punches through. Those slots do look fantastic BTW.

Nice work as always Josh

Thanks Frank & Chief Jason!

I hand mold, thumbs then a Osborne leather working hammer (the little smooth face one). Sometimes I'll use a modeling spoon but I generally don't.

Best regards, Josh

Thanks. I hand mold as well. I have not made up my mind on presses, but I'm getting good results without one so I'm sticking with it for now.