belle13

Advise Needed For A Beginner In Search Of A Leather Machine....

Hello!

I am in desperate need of some good advise and I think I have found the place.

I am a beginner in the leather world however would love to be expert one day. :)

I am over trying to fight my home sewing machine to sew lightweight leather with sad results. Right now I primarily work with handbags, large bags, etc- that is where my main interest lies but I would like to try some light shoes such as sandals or accessories however I wont be doing saddles or boots etc....

Im not sure where leather may take me in the future. I want a good reliable machine and so far after much reading seems like I continue to be pointed toward a Techsew 2750 or a Cobra 4.

My concern is that I may outgrow the Techsew however worry that the Cobra 4 may be too much machine.. Am I over thinking the machines?

Any advise would be appreciated!!

Go with a Cowboy 4500 or call "Cowboy Bob" he one of our sponsors, he will be able to help you decide.

yur gonna need different machines for different jobs...in my opinion...the Cobra Class 4 is without a doubt a VERY versatile machine..sews lightweigh stuff just as nicely as tooling leather......i got mine about a yr ago....very easy to get started...outanding support from the builder (not just Steve...the ENTIRE team are rawkstars, and i didnt even buy the machine from them, i got it used)...as for some of the other stuff you mentioned you'd like to make...sounds like yur gonna need a post machine and a patch machine as well

as im sure yur learning, this is not a cheap passion to get into...lol

Thanks so much for the information. I still havent made a decision however am leaning toward the Cobra4 after more reading and Jwalker insight. Everyone seems to be pretty satisfied with it.

And you are sooooo right Jwalker- this is not an inexpensive hobby!! agh!

Maybe one day I can make a little return on it. :)

Have a look at the Cowboy 3200

cb3200-cu2.jpg

A lot of bang for the buck and you are not paying for a machine you don't need. This is similar to the 4500 but slightly less capacity.

Cya!

Bob

Edited by BDAZ

Hello!

I am in desperate need of some good advise and I think I have found the place.

I am a beginner in the leather world however would love to be expert one day. :)

I am over trying to fight my home sewing machine to sew lightweight leather with sad results. Right now I primarily work with handbags, large bags, etc- that is where my main interest lies but I would like to try some light shoes such as sandals or accessories however I wont be doing saddles or boots etc....

Im not sure where leather may take me in the future. I want a good reliable machine and so far after much reading seems like I continue to be pointed toward a Techsew 2750 or a Cobra 4.

My concern is that I may outgrow the Techsew however worry that the Cobra 4 may be too much machine.. Am I over thinking the machines?

Any advise would be appreciated!!

Since you're working mostly with lightweight materials, you should lean towards a light & medium leather machine that can sew up to 3/8" thick. A heavy duty machine will not be as good for sewing thin leather.

Our most popular machines for handbags, leather accessories are the Techsew 2700 and 2750. If you're considering sewing thicker leather you can consider the Techsew 5100.

Feel free to give us a call any time if you have more questions!

Ron