mcfingrs

Cylinder Arm Table Attachment That Converts To Flatbed?

Is anyone familiar with a sewing table (or custom setup) with a table attachment that fits around a cylinder arm and allows the fabric to lie level with the feed dogs as if it was a flatbed machine?

Something like the attached photo, but for an industrial machine.

(To clarify, the image is only to help illustrate what I'm describing - not necessarily looking for the exact commercial equivalent.)

Something with a sturdy removable surface area for leather about 24"x36".

HORN_PORTABLE_TABLE_579x600.jpg

Do you have a machine now?If so what is the model#?

post-4514-0-69809400-1399582417_thumb.jppost-4514-0-86788200-1399582673_thumb.jpMy pfaff 335 came with a homemade attachment when i bought it. It works GREAT. You don't need a really close fit...the leather is not going to fall down a 1/4 gap. The cut out bit measures 9 inches on mine.

cheers

caroline

CowboyBob: I do not know which clone I have - there are no identifying labels that I could find. Even the manual is generic. Maybe you can tell from these photos? The decal is for Bogle-Greenwell.

Caroline: That is clever! I could do that myself.

Sure looks a bit like the Cowboy 4500. The flat bed is available from Bob for $85.

img_0102.jpg

photo%25201.JPG

table-attachment.jpg

Cya!

Bob

Edited by BDAZ

Yes, Bob, Ronnie, and we have them. Your table has the pre-drilled holes for the hardware as well. Steve

Caroline,

That setup for your Pfaff is fantastic. I have a 335 and have Ben trying figure out a flatbed solution for it. I can build that. Thanks!

Mcfingrs,

I also have a 441 clone from Bogel-Greenwell. He located not to far away from me. I was just there a couple days ago. I bought the flatbed attachment from Cobra Steve last month and it works great. You can also use Steve's pressor feet and other 441 parts.

- Odin

Is there a name for this attachment?

I will have a 34" long stitch down the sides.

The one in the photo is smaller than I want.

Do they come in different sizes?

Is there a name for this attachment?

I will have a 34" long stitch down the sides.

The one in the photo is smaller than I want.

Do they come in different sizes?

To clarify: The photo with the attachment that is smaller than I want is this one:

table-attachment.jpg

I'd like it to extend to the left about 2 more feet, and to the front / back another foot.

I think you will have to have a custom table built. Nor rocket science and you can use the existing holes. Possibly one of the vendors like Toledo can make one for you.

Cya!

Bob

I would not hang that big of table on the arm. A table that large would provide a lot of leverage to the base of the machine. If you need that much table make one on casters to roll up around the flat bed attachment.

I would not hang that big of table on the arm. A table that large would provide a lot of leverage to the base of the machine. If you need that much table make one on casters to roll up around the flat bed attachment.

Thanks for the input - I like the idea of something that can just roll-up and mate to the stand.

this guy had a great idea: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=52048

I am brazilian and I live in Brazil. I just bought an Adler 69-373 and I wish I could use it as a flat too. The idea of the aluminum swabs bothers me because I do not scratch the paint from the machine. I liked the idea of Caroline. Thank you for allowing me to learn from you all.

Capturar.JPG

@Jakeline If you don't want to scratch anything you could build something like that. I used 4 furniture feet which can be adjusted in heigth and a wooden panel. It's a clean and quite cheap solution.

IMG_20180223_170505~2.jpg