This is 2nd attempt at sheridan style carving, I think my 5th or 6th attempt at carving in total but the other bits were small pieces and 1st attempt at double loop lacing (and all other lacing for that matter)

This was a pain in the bum as I changed the design half way through from elastic corner holders to molded so it went from being a perfect fit to a tight fit when closed so my spine basket weave has been destroyed in the extra stretching to fit. Nice to use though and bag strap good for popping out to the park.

It has a hidden magnet in the cover so that the kindle switches on automatically when cover opened and switches off when closed.

I'm about to start a new one to correct all niggles with this one.

post-46270-0-48661400-1400796253_thumb.jpost-46270-0-36987200-1400796271_thumb.jpost-46270-0-00019200-1400796290_thumb.j

Nice design :) I'd swap the swing clasps over so they swing down rather than up, but other than that it looks great.

Nice design :) I'd swap the swing clasps over so they swing down rather than up, but other than that it looks great.

Thanks :-) the only way that would be possible is if it closed back to front ie. left opening but the way it is suits the thumb position perfectly for flicking open.

Hmmm. I like the carving and it has a good look. The inside is great. I'm not a fan of the huge clasps. I have a Kindle cover that was given to me. I usually leave the Kindle in the cover when I read, so I want the cover to fold all the way back and not have anything sticking out. Giving it a shoulder strap was an interesting idea, but I agree with the earlier poster that it should have been attached on the open side.

So to me, it was a very nice effort overall, but there were a couple of things that might be different.

Thanks for the input! I hadn't thought of the swing clasps going 'down' by changing the bag strap over to the open side. I still wouldn't change it over though as i know its not a waterproof design but i wouldnt want to be carrying something thats directly open to the rain. I'd want the closed part on top.

The cover folding all the way out is usually a must for me as its something i do too. Busy testing that out at the mo to see if it gets annoying.

No, not swapping the whole strap round, just attaching the clasps the other way is all, so the swing part is on the case and the catch is on the strap, the rest of the case as is. That way you have gravity working for you rather than against :) It would also mean that there's less metalwork on the strap when you open it.

I do love the design though and I've just got some of those button studs with the rings in to experiment - I missed them the first time round, they look great!

I thought of that with the swing clasps but just couldnt figure out how to do it without adding a bit of a strap to them on the front to give them enough wiggle room to fit over the under clasp, coming in, if any of that makes sense. It would be awkward fitting the nobbly part under? There might be some simple way i'm completely missing but my brain just can't figure out the logistics of making that work lol without adding a bit of strap to them so they can flip over the nobbly bit.

I'd been after those ring studs for ages! But couldnt get them anywhere, so got them sent from thailand on ebay. Have to say i'm not amused, i screwed them as tight as poss but one of them keeps loosening and because the back is embeded inside the spinal arrangement its hard to re-tighten fully tight. So its gonna work out a royal pain in the ass

Best answer for the ring stud is Threadlock. You can get it in any hardware store, B&Q, Wickes, Homebase, even Wilko's will have it :) (Can you tell I'm from England originally? :P ). Just put a small amount on the threads, do the stud up and leave it overnight and it should be bombproof :)

Excellent! Thank you!

Ah, I see what you mean about the clasp too. I'd be tempted to try cutting the bottom of the ring section on the clasp off so I could get them to fit that way, or I have seen some of this style which only have a U shape at the bottom, but as it is, yeah not moch you can do with them without an additional strap section.