HCRider

Trying My At Chinks...

Hello,

I am about to start my first pair of chinks and I already have three friends wanting a pair.....I have watched the Cow Camp DVD and will be using his pattern. I feel pretty comfortable with adjusting the leg measurements but.....

My question is, how do I modify the "drop" measurement from the waist to the upper thigh? How much does this measurement tend to differ on adults?

Thank you,

Tawnya

If I modify a pattern (custom order/hard to fit person) I always lay them out in a cheap fabric and try them on the customer. (Just do one leg unless you feel you need to do both).

Get a few yards of scrap from a fabric shop (sale bin, close outs) for a $5.00 or $10.00 investment you can save yourself a lot of headaches.

Make all adjustments on the material and see how it fits up. Have the customer pull their leg up in to riding position so you can judge the amount of "pucker" that may need to be taken out in the jockey area.

While the customer is there use scissors, cut what you need out and use masking tape to hold it together, when you are done you have your custom pattern for that person. (And it may fit others). Mark it and keep it.

Try to get a fabric that is not to light and of course not to heavy. It needs to have a little body but be flexible. It still may not lay like your leather but it will give you the best start to the fit you need.

Edited by rickybobby