Josiah

Latest Holster And Favorite So Far

Awesome!

Great piece! I have been looking for design ideas for a holster I am planning on making as a naturalization gift, and I think I found it. I really like the flag design and how the colors came out. It is not bright and blends well with the leather. I would really appreciate it if you can give me a few pointers on how you got to the colors you have, and the well defined stars.

Thanks for compliments guys. The stars, "blue" field and stripes are lightly cut and tooled which made it easier to stain. I printed a star pattern out in order to make them uniform. Colors are all Feibings oil stains and are, blue field is 3/4 of a 4 oz bottle cap of show brown mixed with 3 drops of black, red stripes are chocolate brown and stars and white stripes have a resist of leather sheen followed by 2 coats of light brown cut 50/50 with reducer.

Thanks for sharing your process/recipe on how to get and apply the colors. Playing with different colors on leather is new to me and will require some experimenting and practice on my side. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Josiah, I found a fella looking for your contact info.