kndust

'which Would Better To Use Tandy Cova Color Paint Or Craftsman Acrylic Paint?'.

Hi I do not know if this has been covered before so here goes, I am tryin g to find out if useing crafting acrylic paint would work on coloring designs on leather better than useing Tandy's Cova Color paints? I have used the Cova paints before and i am not that happy with it and want to try something different. Please help

Thanks

Gary Kanterman

angelus paints. Search up jacobpattersonart on youtube for example of the paints.

Edited by DavidL

angelus paints. Search up jacobpattersonart on youtube for example of the paints.

Thanks for the responce but I am talking about working on tooled leather

Edited by kndust

Angelus paints works on veg tan as well.

You may want to thin the paint and go over multiple coats w/ drying in-between.

Angelus paints works on veg tan as well.

You may want to thin the paint and go over multiple coats w/ drying in-between.

thank you that will help me out

I also second Angelus. It's a much better value per ounce then Cova and is made specially for the shoe industry so it is very flexible as far as paint goes.

any acrylic should work, and will be cheaper than Tandy.

I've used Angelus as well as craft paint from my local crafting store. Angelus is the better of the paints, but the Folk Art paint as well as Ceramcoat works just as well or better than Cova. I'm turning further and further away from the Tandy products and turning more to items from Springfield Leather (who carries Angelus) and others. I'm not saying Tandy carries a bad product, its just that for my money I can get it a little cheaper elsewhere.

The hobby paint comes in many different colors, as does Angelus, where the Cova is limited and mixing to get a color you want is quite a common thing to do. I usually mix my colors with water to dilute it so I can get a better dry brush technique. Also airbrush paint can be used and Angelus can be run through an airbrush without diluting. This is just my two cents worth. Everyone has their favorite brand. Try several and stick with what works for you.