Sign in to follow this  
Mattmatt

First Post in Show Off

This is my first post to show my work. I consider myself to be an amateur but trying hard. I welcome any comments or suggestions. Most of my work is wrist bands and such due to I work out of the scrap pile.

CIMG0482.JPG

post-7517-1224266427_thumb.jpg

Good job! I like your use of geometric stamping. It's a really neat pattern!

I think that wristband's mighty nice. I really like the color and the stamped pattern. I'm not much for carving myself, but I'm a big fan of a thoughtfully stamped design.

Two thumbs up in my book! :thumbsup: Keep 'em coming!

Best, -Alex

+1 on a job well done. Just keep at it and keep posting photos.

Lovely job mattmatt, Pattern is very tidy, colour is nice and rich, i'd wear it with pride! I too work out of scrap piles for the moment, its more difficulthtan you think well done, bud

Looking very good Mattmatt! The stamps line up well, edges are nice and smooth, you caught on to the idea of having a border to keep it all together and the colouring is great. It looks like there is some sorta blackening effect on highlighted areas, maybe just an effect from the lighting/camera equipment but it looks really cool.

Great job, I agree with abn, alltough I try more to be a carver. Thoughtfully stamped design is hard so work with that because you seem to have that kinda 6th sense some people seem to have on stamping....and do not give them to your friends to much, you might end up shooting your own foot so try and make your friends to spread interest for your work to others. I was just writing something about myspace, maybe use that media and post your work and have your friends go in and comment the pics. Or facebook..blog...or all of them.

Tom

This is my first post to show my work. I consider myself to be an amateur but trying hard. I welcome any comments or suggestions. Most of my work is wrist bands and such due to I work out of the scrap pile.

Nice job,

Tooling looks even, color looks good, edges are nice. A very nice piece. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Keep posting and trying new things, that is when you learn the most!