This is a group of holsters I have recently made that I will be taking to some local "Cowboy Action" shoots. I tried to show a variety of looks among this group, with different colors and slight design differences. What do you think of them? Which one is your favorite?post-50357-0-61786200-1402619799_thumb.jpost-50357-0-12131000-1402619805_thumb.jpost-50357-0-84159100-1402619809_thumb.jpost-50357-0-37159900-1402619813_thumb.jpost-50357-0-64171200-1402619823_thumb.jpost-50357-0-58522400-1402619829_thumb.j

Being a pastor, . . . the one on the far right would be my choice.

My only comment would be if I were doing them, . . . I would have changed the overall outline, shape, etc. a bit more than you did. Not that what you did was bad, but it looks like you only have one pattern and one barrel length.

Trade out the loop around the holster for a belt and a buckle on one, . . . make one for an 8 inch barrel, . . . make one left handed, . . . make one that is definitely only for cross draw, . . . make the skirt square on one, . . . sink the whole weapon down in one, . . . and have the trigger guard fully exposed on another.

Cowboys of old, . . . and today's cowboys are both a discriminating bunch, . . . and a particular bunch, . . . that from my point of observation, . . . want to be different. They don't all have to be John Wayne the hero, . . . but Billy don't want to look like Bobbie Joe, . . . who don't want to look like Chester, . . . etc.

Give them some real differenciation, . . . they'll reward you for it.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks Dwight. I really wanted to perfect making these and get it right before moving on and "specializing" too much. But, I appreciate your suggestion. As always, I learn new things everyday!

Middle one. Just a color preference, really, though I admit I've never been big on conchos and "spots" (looks a little 'sensitive' to me). Still, nice lookin' rigs :)

JBL, do you compete in SASS?

I like. pretty much all of them. far left nudges a hair to the lead.

I'm like, Greg 528it I like all of those, but the oxblood looking one with the spots got my motor running just a bit faster,

I think this design will take you far. Good luck at your action shoots !