Constabulary

Recommendation - Jack Jk-561A-1 Servo Motor

On 19 juin 2014 at 2:49 PM, Constabulary said:

I just finished the installation including the speed reducer.

The lowest maximum speed setting is 500rpm but the motor starts at 200rpm regarding the digital display which is absolutely the slowest you can get with the pedal.

No matter what the max. speed setting is - even at 3000rpm - you always can crawl at 200rpm and the speed reducer slows this down again. (Motor max. speed is 3000 rpm and not 3500 as I said at above post)

Cool thing is that you can turn off the speed reducer permanently. On the backside of the control box it even has a socket for a 5V LED sewing light which is optional available. And I like that the control box is apart from the motor and speed regulator so you don't have to crawl under the table when you want to change settings. And it case something is damaged you don´t have to turn in the entire motor (just for the case).

So I´m overall very very please with my purchase but I think I will order a smaller 50mm or 40mm pulley just to have the option to go even slower.

post-31854-0-31166800-1403181612_thumb.j

post-31854-0-12688900-1403181622_thumb.j

post-31854-0-85143500-1403181631_thumb.j

post-31854-0-95900600-1403181640_thumb.j

post-31854-0-29996900-1403181651_thumb.j

post-31854-0-81083300-1403181657_thumb.j

post-31854-0-55618300-1403181665_thumb.j

Hi Constabulary,

I also bought some 750W Jacksew motors for my sewing machines and so far, I'm very happy with them.

With my lathe, I made some custom 40 mm aluminium pulleys that work very fine and slow down satisfactorily (for me) the speed of my machines ; I won't install a speed reducer and I would be happy to know the procedure for regulating the NPS ; As I'm not used with this accessory, that the Jacksew motor manual is very unclear, I would appreciate a lot if you could explain us the procedure : On the Control unit and on the (opened) sensor : Maybe it sounds stupid for most of you but personally, I don't understand how to make it work ...

Thank you very much for your reply !

I have removed the NPS from the motor as I found it does not work in combination with my speed reducer and at the slow peed I´m sewing I don´t need it at all. So I unfortunately cannot help as I have not installed it and I have the same poor manual that you have. But I hope someone else can help you.

I've got the NPS installed on one of my machines and it does work well. For the controlbox, there really arnt alot of options to chose from you so basicly click you way through the menu's and make your choice. unfortunantly I dont recall the exakt menu sequence, but some trial and error will solve that. Its actually fairly easy. As for setting up the NPS, you need to attach it to the shaft and set the two discs in the correct position. You've got a 50/50 chance of setting the discs up properly so just give it a try and reverse the order if your first chance didnt give you the correct output :) 

Hi folks, thanks VanRhodes,

I finally found out how to set up the needle down and up ... Basically you enter the needle set up program first on the control box, you then set the ring (You have to open the sensor plastic housing, two screws to unscrew) on the right position (there's a window on the ring and you let it coincide with the internal sensor), then you screw firmly  the aluminium ring of the sensor on your hand wheel, you have to find a way for immobilizing the sensor and then you confirm the adjustment pressing the left (P) button . Finally... you sew ! In my adjustment, I choosed to always have the needle down but a bottom's pedal push let the needle go up ... a small push at the up of your pedal will let the needle go down. Effectively, you also can adjust the max speed but it won't affect the way the motor is starting : the start will always stay as easy at top speed adjustment or at slow speed adjustment. With my homemade 40mm pulley, it's very easy to start slowly and have a good work's control .

This motor has very few features but after all, it's enough for me ... And with the 750W power, the torque is very impressive ! I don't agree with overall quality impression of some of you : For me it seems to be a very good technical stuff, BUT you have to take care to the electric cables connection : If it's not correctly plugged, you will get an error on the control box screen. I bought three of them and I think that I will buy one more if I decide to invest in a other machine (Oh my God, is this possible to happen ???, hahahahaha !!!).

Anyway, thanks for the help ... The bad side of this stuff is the (very) poor manual ! hope it helps for new users ...

Edited by Haderimouve

Hey folks,

here's an issue with the Jack servo: I can't turn the wheel by hand anymore (to go supersuperslow). I swear I was able to that on my old Duerkopp machine. Then I switched out the machine for an Adler 67 (same table, so I didn't reinstall the motor), and played around with the buttons of the motor, and since then I can only sew with the motor, never by hand (well in fact I can, but the resistance is too much for my hands to do it on a frequent basis...which I'd prefer).

Does this ring a bell to any of you Jack users? Or does it sound like it isn't a motor issue at all?

The needle positioner is not installed, and I have done resets as well already.

Edited by Sepp

ok, the questions I like best, are the ones I can answer myself. I had the hand wheel tightened too much, so it was not the servo motor :)

hey @Constabulary found this useful thread while searching info on servo motors! Noticed this being almost four years since you first posted, so I was wondering what's your opinion now on the "Jack Jk-561A-1 Servo Motor"? You see after my research-work on the subject I'm seriously considering of buying one. Thanks!

Still have it and I´m still pleased with this setup but I have removed the needle positioner. I  also bought a 2nd Jack Servo (w/o NP)  and the 3rd (most likely) will follow when I setup my Singer 132K6.

BTW - the UK is still in the EU so no import tax when you order from the UK ;)

Edited by Constabulary

39 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Still have it and I´m still pleased with this setup but I have removed the needle positioner. I  also bought a 2nd Jack Servo (w/o NP)  and the 3rd (most likely) will follow when I setup my Singer 132K6.

BTW - the UK is still in the EU so no import tax when you order from the UK ;)

Thanks! Just what I thought! Found this UK seller:

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/JK-561A-220V-750W%3d1HP-SERVO-MOTOR

Any other suggestions on where to buy (cheapest)?

I bought both motors from them - haven´t found them any cheaper.

Alternatively check HOHSING servos:

http://www.bernkopf.de/Motorentechnik/Ho-Hsing-DC-Motor/

They are of a higher quality afaik but I have no experience with them.

Another UK supplier - they have both brands:

https://www.ae-sewingmachines.co.uk/accessories/motors-and-accessories/servo-motors

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I bought both motors from them - haven´t found them any cheaper.

Alternatively check HOHSING servos:

http://www.bernkopf.de/Motorentechnik/Ho-Hsing-DC-Motor/

They are of a higher quality afaik but I have no experience with them.

Another UK supplier - they have both brands:

https://www.ae-sewingmachines.co.uk/accessories/motors-and-accessories/servo-motors

thanks! will check these. one more question:

how does one adjust the belt tightness on "Jack Jk-561A-1 Servo Motor"? there must be a general way how its done with servo motors?

If you look at the G40 in Constab's second link you'll see a long threaded bolt down the front that is used to adjust the belt tension. It simply raises or lowers the motor around the pivot on the mounting. Pretty much the same for all servos.

I have bought one of these 750W Motors just 2 weeks ago from www.kornetshop.com.  

It called there JM-822/750 and cost 172€ +5€ shipping. The same part in Ebay is 195€.  Except different connectors and namedplates it seemed, all of this Motors comes from one or 2 chinese factorys. If one would buy it from china, they are much cheaper, but it can last weeks to months, til you get the Motor.

I need it for another machine, so I have tested it, it runs with a potentiometer/rheostat (don't know which word is better) and runs from 103rpm (not really it sounds bad) from 300rpm it sounds how it should be. It works up to 3900rpm, maybe constabs Motor runs at fast, if the maxspeed is changed within the parametre list.

Has anyone found a way to run this motor + NPS with a reducer?  Maybe even 2:1 ?  Or maybe with just a smaller motor pulley?  Im trying to find the limit of the NPS without spending too much money on pulleys experimenting. 

I don't understand, why the NPS shouldn't run with a different gear ratio. The NPS-Sensor is only an rather rough optical encoder.

On one track you have only one slot, for either Needle up or down, that depends on the programm of the Motor. the other track(s) say the controller, how fast is the motor running.

Because the encoder is coupled with the handwheel of your machine, and that handwheel is 1/1 with the needle position, it must work with every possible

gear ratio.

There have been one or two posts about NPS and reducers. It appears that some servos will work with them and some won't (the NPS on my Skyrit servos won't work with any combination of reducer added). Only way to find out is to try it.

5 hours ago, uli12us said:

Because the encoder is coupled with the handwheel of your machine, and that handwheel is 1/1 with the needle position, it must work with every possible

gear ratio.

The problem is with the programming logic of the controller. If the speed reducer causes the motor to turn too many revolutions without getting either a needle up or needle down signal from the encoder on the sewing machine, it gives up thinking that an error occurred. The number of revolutions of the motor that controller will allow without a position signal varies from one servo motor to the next.